It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:06 am 
LOST Addict

BIGPAPACRD wrote:
I had a simliar experience as I entered my CRD one morning, started it, and put it into drive. I pulled no more than 100 feet and sounded as if the engine froze! I was thinking to myself that this could not be happening. Popped the hood and could not find anything but as I crawled underneath, that was another story. Saw an enormous amouth of oil around the oil filter area. Pulled my oil dip stick and saw no sign of oil, on the stick at least. Called a tow truck and towed it to the dealer. After explaining to them what had happend and waiting all day, they came to a conclusion that my oil seperator was letting too much oil into the turbo and was sucking all the oil into my intake. They topped off the oil and was advised to drive it until they receive a new seperator which I wasn't very happy about doing. I questioned the dealer about the oil around my filter and responded by saying that oil ran down the side of my block and around the filter area. They still did not give me a clear answer on why my engine felt like it froze. Could it have actually froze? They said that my CRD was 2 QTs down. A few weeks earlier my EGR valve had taken a nice big S_H_I_T. Now a year later this jeep has a mind of it's own which is really on my last nerve. Couple weeks ago my EGR took a dive and didn't survive and am noticing huge amounts of oil around my oil seperator, around the turbo area where the fresh air boot is attached to, and my CAC hoses. I really don't think the EPA would be happy about this. This will be my 16th trip to the dealer and am getting to know the people on a first name basis. I don't think I can stand on something going wrong with this darn thing every single yr.

What is this oil seperator that you are referring to? The only thing I can think of would be the CCV "valve" thingy (dont know actual name) its black has 3 bolts holding it onto the valve cover, and doesnt seem to seperate any oil from the Crank Case gases. :lol:

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thats what happened to mine a month ago, accelerating it started doing this, I pulled over and let it sit for 30 seconds off, started it back up and all was good. Hasn't happened since. It sucks, but in a way I am glad to see others are having this problem and I am not the only one.

It's great you got it on video, show that to the dealership and see what they have to say.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.7L hemi, LT headers, magnaflow exhaust, AFE CAI, 6.1L Cam, transgo shift kit, Programmer, 2800stall converter. 1/4 mile 13.71@97.7mph and I can still haul. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well that is what they told me and what was on the work order. Doesn't seem to seperate to me either. More like an oil sump pump more like it. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:29 pm 
LOST Member

MudTrac wrote:
like I said the only code was O2 sensor. no codes on the tranny either. Im going to just make sure I idel her down long enough and let her warm up in the 90degree heat we hgave here LOL.

Yeah I couldnt get the tube to fit back on fromt he front, but its saved me a few times in high water crossing.Im sure it has nothing to do with the way the engine was behaving. Thanks for all your input, but I guess it gets filed into the "it just does that" category...?

The CRD doesn't have an O2 sensor in the exhaust system, so it is strange to get that code thrown in your troubles. At least my CRD does not have an O2 sensor (2006 year)

Strange stuff to hear about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

Sounds familiar....

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=125831&highlight=major#125831

I'm guessing there are probably others out there experiencing this same issue. Mine will restart right away but with the problem. If I wait about 30 seconds the problem goes away and will run fine for another 5 - 10K.

2006 Liberty CRD Limited
161,000KM and going to new home soon...