It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Latest Mileage report... about 5500 miles on my '05 KJ now.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

I didn't fully top off the tank on the last two "fill-ups" so this is averaged on the last three tanks now... some city, some highway, one trip towing the boat to/from the ramp... some with the air on, some with it off, a little hot-rodding here and there (but not a lot)... a little conservative driving down the highway.... pretty much all around average driving.

On the last 800.2 miles (42.47 gallons) I got 18.84 mpg. average. Still better than the best (18.5) I ever got out of my old TJ..... but way less than the 24 mpg that I got out of the previous tank doing almost entirely highway mileage with the air off and the windows down, but that's expected... overall IMO, not bad.... especially since there was one trip in there when I towed the boat (22' Center Console Bay boat) to/from the ramp (about a 45 min ride each way), and I'm sure it's not getting more than 12 mpg or so when I'm doing that.

Luis