It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:04 pm 
SoDakJeep wrote:
well how can it not be accurate if with the right mph on the speedo with the new mtrs. if the speedo is right shouldnt the od. be right?

Yes and no. They want the odometer to be accurate, but the speedo, it doesn't matter. I think the speedo is optimistic with stock-size tires to keep you from getting a ticket (like i usually go 10 mph above the limit, at 65 that means i'm going 75 according to the speed, but i'm REALLY going 73 on stock size tires)...so I suppose you can't really say that DC didn't care about the consumer:))

Tonight I'll set my trip odo and watch the mile markers. I'm almost 100% sure it's off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:25 am 
LOST Newbie

ThunderbirdJunkie wrote:
Get your speedo recalibrated (if you haven't already). I'm sure you're getting better mileage than you think you are.

Lately I started multiplying my gas mileage by 1.07, cause I figure that the speedo is off by about 7% from my 215/75/16 to 245/75/16. And I'm actually getting like 20 mpg, whe I do all highway

Down Right L.O.S.T. Florida #223221
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2224536

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

From driving through construction sites with the speed displays i think my speedo is about 10 km over the speed im doing. speedo shows 80 and the radar says 70. When driving past the odometer check signs i should have gone 5 km but the odometer only says 4.6 kms. They cant be linked because mine dont add up.

Yeah Its A Diesel