It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 50,340 = High Mileage?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:58 am 
LOST Member

Looking at a 2002 Jeep Liberty, 2 of them both in blue. They both have the 50,000 mark of miles.

Wondering what types of problems rear their head with Jeeps at that mark or soon there after. I have heard about 70K being scary....but see a lot of jeep owners who says its hogwash.

Thoughts?
Blue limited loaded with every single option. 46,000 miles and $14,400.

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

My 02 has a little over 52K on it now. Within the last 10K I've had to replace the fan assembly under extended warranty. (Its' bushing went out which caused it to put a heck of a strain on the serpentine belt..) A bunch of smoke and a check engine light was the worst of it. My CD changer seems to go out intermittently. (Probably just a loose connection)

Hmmm, not much else, unless you want to count the time that my stealer-ship wanted to see just how far their heads would fit up their butts by replacing my transfer case three times for what turned out to be a lack of friction modifier in the rear-end. :roll:

Otherwise, it has been very reliable. Only about 20 payments left to make, so hope it stays that way. :wink:

If your not afraid of buying used with intent to wheel off-road and the associated risks associated with that and your going to save perfectly good money to support your accessory acquisition disorder that will ensue, go for it. :D Provided the previous owner took good care of it, I see no reason it won't be a reliable ride for you.

Lost #000692 - Houston Tx
02 KJ 4x4 Limited - Black
Mods: K&N
Next Mod: Whatever I can afford!