It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is something wrong here?
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:07 am 
LOST Member

Ok well since I've gotten the Liberty I have not been doing much "city driving" just highway going back and forth from home to school. Well now that I'm home I started working again doing food deliveries...all "city driving". I do my fair share of stop and go but I also do my fair share of just chuggin along around doin 30-45 as well. This past week on any given day the EVIC was saying that I was getting anywhere between 12-13 MPG.

This seemed a bit off to me so I went to fill my tank before work. Reset my trip miles...and after work I headed back to the same gas station to top off my tank to see how many gallons I used. 2.99 gallons in 36.8 miles...12.3 MPG .
My Dads Silverado gets better city mileage than that. I do not drive aggressive and I've recently changed the air filter and gotten and oil change.

Are my new wheels and tire really whats to blame for my terrible mileage?

Thanks for the help!

-Ryan

Cargo Shelf
Warn SDB-160 Driving Lights
5 MOAB's with Firestone Destination A/T's
245/70/16

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:33 pm 
LOST Member

Could be a number of things... Although IMO going up .2" in tire size would not cause it.

Being you've driven it for 4 yrs highway, give the computer a while to relearn your driving in city. Next KJ's suck untill they're good and warmed up, since the temps have went from 30 and under to 60+ I've gained ~2mpg. When it's cold, or untill everything it up to temp I only get 12-13 when I had no lift and on worn out 28.9's.

How're you on keeping it up and running well? Plugs, fuel filter,air filter, fluids(tranny, engine, diff, transfer case)

Depending on what tire you had before, a change will make a difference though. My dad's KJ had the SA's which were only 26lb each new, any tire you replace it with will be higher weight. He first changed to REVO's in load range E (42lbs)(company ordered wrong load range) (29.5) however he lost ~2 mpg on his diesel and they were beating his back up to much. He changed to Alenze HL's (36lb) in a 29.3 and will lost at least 1mpg in comparison to the SA's.