It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MPG and the EVIC/OTIS
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:03 am 
LOST Junkie

Recently I installed an EVIC/OTIS in my Libby. I like the ability to see the MPG as I drive plus all the other perks that they offer.

Let me explain something, I actually have both an EVIC & an OTIS and I can easily swap them out. The EVIC unit I have reads out the average MPG while the OTIS reads out both the instant & average MPG. I was surprised to learn that my little Libby with 245/75R16 tires and a roof basket gets the same MPG as when I drove it off of the car lot as a stock vehicle.

Typically I calculate my MPG by recording the gas fill ups & miles per tank but recently discovered that with the 245/75R16 tires my odometer isn't accurate :? . After having the BCM programmed for the new tires (not the stock 215/75R16 tires) I've discovered my odometer now reads correctly and my MPG isn't all that bad, very similar readings to the EVIC/OTIS readings.

Does anybody else have similar experiences?

my trail queen
95 YJ with a RE 4" lift, 33" ProComp Extreme's, M8000 Winch, Lockrite Locker up front, Super35 in the rear and 4.88 gears