It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:39 am 
LOST Addict

The absolute best was between 20-21. But that was flat highway in the summer with no ac and the "tail wind gawds" were probably being kind to me.

Other than that it's more like 17-18 combined except in the winter where it's around 14-15 or so combined .

In 4lo, first gear, my scangauge says "faaageett about it"..... :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:57 am 
LOST Member

eyehatetofu wrote:
I am getting between 10-13 mpg city and 16-18 hwy. I try to drive as easily on the throttle as I can, it worked well when I had my v8 Merc Grand Marquis. I could average 20-22 mpg in mixed driving. I used to think that was bad gas mileage... used to. My local gas station has gotta love me now though.

Dude I love Clutch! I've seen them 4x now, 5th is coming up in October in KC, MO.

http://www.showmejeepclub.org member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:05 pm 
LOST Member

KoRnyBrad wrote:
eyehatetofu wrote:
I am getting between 10-13 mpg city and 16-18 hwy. I try to drive as easily on the throttle as I can, it worked well when I had my v8 Merc Grand Marquis. I could average 20-22 mpg in mixed driving. I used to think that was bad gas mileage... used to. My local gas station has gotta love me now though.

Dude I love Clutch! I've seen them 4x now, 5th is coming up in October in KC, MO.

Pure rock fury!!!!! Good to see another gearhead. I have seen them about a dozen times, just seen em about a month ago here in PHX.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:42 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I do mostly do city street driving so I'm not really sure what highway mileage other than it is over 18 mpg.

With the AC compressor running I get 14.5-15.5 mpg. When I have the air settings such that it is not running I get 16-17 mpg.

The 18+ I have see on the highway was with the compressor running so I suspect I get better mpg with it off.

The key is to keep the air setting so that the compressor is not running - assuming that it is not a hot summer day. That is the most significant and easiest thing I have found to increase my mileage.

John
];')

My Wheeling Videos :JEEPIN:
My Mods, Upgrades and Custom Fabrications

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just filled up with Safeway B5 diesel. 34 MPG baby! :lol: