It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Odometer correction?
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey all,

I was just searching through a bunch of MPG posts and I saw several people mention that the stock odometer is a bit off in a bunch of posts. I am wondering if this is a documented thing in most/all Liberties or just some people noticing that theirs are off?

If it is true, does anyone know what the proper correction would be for a 2010 KK Liberty? Thanks.

B.T.W. - I'm sure hoping that it's off because I'm at like 220 miles and only have about 1/4 tank left (and I've been driving like an old man)!

Also - Does anyone care to chime in on gas mileage differences for the break-in period? Mine's only got 375 miles on her.

Thanks in advance.

-Erik

Stock...for now

Post subject: Re: Odometer correction?
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well, at 375 total miles, it's going to take a while for your true mpg to settle in.

There is no "correct" adjustment for your odometer, as tire type/size/pressure/etc. can throw it off some unknown amount. Take out a GPS, drive a couple hundred miles, and figure out the difference between your GPS mileage and your "trip" mileage.

GDE Eco Tune, GDE TCM Tune, Bauer 203* Tstat, Amsoil EaA 201 Filter, Clean MAP, Samco CAC Hoses, Magnaflow Muffler #12226.
New Mopar Fuel Filter, K&N Filterminder, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
225/75R16 Hankook Dynapros

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:56 pm 
LOST Member

You can also use the mile markers on an interstate to check your odometer. The ones I have checked are pretty accurate. On the mileage... if your dealer "filled" the tank it may have been less than really full. I wouldn't pay any attention to the first tank. I have a 2010 and when I fill it, once the pump shuts off, it is full. You can get another quart or so in if you really want to but not much more. Go fill it up so you know you have a full tank and see what you get. Stoutdog is right though, mileage really doesn't settle in for a few thousand miles after everything breaks in. Happy Jeepin' :JEEPIN: :D

1999 Wrangler Sahara
2" Teraflex lift with flexarms, ARB air lockers Front/Rear, Skid Plates, BFG 31x10.50 ATKOs

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:30 am 
LOST Newbie

Quote:
Stoutdog is right though, mileage really doesn't settle in for a few thousand miles after everything breaks in. Happy Jeepin' :JEEPIN: :D

Ok good - that's what I wanted to hear! I thought this was the case but wasn't sure if it was true.

Wecwbe, I did fill it up myself. It's funny because it came from the dealer reading just about a half a tank and I was able to get 160 miles out of that, yet after my complete fill up (18.002 gallons), I'm at 225 miles now and just under the 1/4 mark...???

I guess I'll just have to wait and see - also I will switch to synthetic oil at 3,500 miles so that will make an improvement in mileage as well. Thanks for your help guys!

-Erik

Stock...for now

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just FYI I was actually at 245 mi, not 225. Filled it up again last night, made it 297 miles and took another 18.050 gallons, so 16.22 mpg - not great but I guess not terrible being that it's brandy-new, it's been almost exclusively around-town/city driving and there's a lot of hills around here.

-Erik

Stock...for now

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nitz240d wrote:
Just FYI I was actually at 245 mi, not 225. Filled it up again last night, made it 297 miles and took another 18.050 gallons, so 16.22 mpg - not great but I guess not terrible being that it's brandy-new, it's been almost exclusively around-town/city driving and there's a lot of hills around here.

-Erik
16mpg's for pure city driving your doing outstanding.It's a 4000lbs brick and a Jeep.