It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: In need of some Liberty help!!!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ok so I would normally do my research by searching through the forum first but iam in a bind. I need something reliable to drive all over the state of Maryland, and 4wd to get onto job sites. I have never owned a Jeep before but have always liked the liberty renegade. So with that being said, I found a 2005 Liberty Renegade with 124k miles for $6900. I was told by the seller that all routine maint was done and never really had to replace anything major. With that being said what should I be looking/listening for on this jeep at 124k miles? Like I said I would normally do my research but iam currently at work and on lunch now so I can use my phone, but the biggest problem is iam meeting the guy at 5 when I get off today to look at it and test drive it. If all is well I have the money to get it today. I have a mechanic friend that is pretty good but has never worked on a jeep liberty before. I appreciate the help in advance!

Post subject: Re: In need of some Liberty help!!!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:36 pm 
LOST Junkie

Just saw this, sorry.

The usual stuff - rust, wet spots where fluids are leaking, bad smelling/looking fluids, rough running or weirdness is handling and shifting...

I have an '05 Renegade in MD and love it. Mine's got 84,000 on it. I had to replace the transmission as soon as I got it, but it trashed because they had the fluid changed at a place other than the dealer and they didn't use ATF+4. Which trashes these trannies quickly.