It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

Personally, I am a member of the Alaska Extreme Fourwheelers, and I usually tag along with them. I haven't been too many places yet, Stampede Road in Denali (you could do most of that stock - and I can even give you the tour...), Knik, and as of yesterday Ruby Lake until we had to turn around.

All the other places that they go I don't know where they are. I'm not sure how many of the trails you can do totally stock. But the KJ West guys I used to wheel with that have a lift/locker/tires going on can go anywhere I can go with my XJ.

The website is akextreme4x4.com and the forum is alaska4x4network.com. Check it out until we get a few more folks around these parts. Not trying to steal anyone, just trying to get you out wheeling.

-Marisha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:06 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

As long as you get out and have fun safely so for it! (darn you for stealin all our Alaska folks) :wink:

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:07 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I am hoping that I am out there the beginning of 2008. Also there is another liberty coming out to you guys in March make sure you get on top of him and show a good time. Last name Mann. Real cool guy. He just never had the time here to go off roading so hopefully he will have alittle extra time there! I can't wait to get out there~

~JUD 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:52 am 
LOST Newbie

Tell him to send me a message when he gets here. There's stuff going on if he has the time.

-Marisha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:36 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

wolfheartak wrote:
Tell him to send me a message when he gets here. There's stuff going on if he has the time.

-Marisha

Will do!

~JUD 8)

Post subject: Just what i was lookin for.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:07 am 
Hey whats up everybody? I just got to AK in Aug 05. So far im loving it. I'm stationed at Elmendorf and just got an 06 KJ on Jan 2 of this year. I'm wanting to get a lift and bigger tires among other things. Anyway just wanted to know where to sign up later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:20 pm 
Hey guys, I'm active USAF and ill be PCSing to Elmendorf in mid-March.I'd like to join up with you guys if possible.I just got my jeep a few weeks ago so Im kinda new to this whole thing.You can contact me by email at doowie4@yahoo.com.Thanks guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:55 am 
LOST Newbie

Welcome to AK! This is Marisha and I've lived here for most of my life - Hopefully you guys will love it as much as I do.

There is a reference to a local Anchorage based club a couple posts up. I am a member and you guys have an open invitation to join in on our meetings and check out what's happening locally, the next one is February 9th at 7pm at the Sunrise Grill (next to the Moose's Tooth on Old Seward). It's a hodge-podge of different rigs.

I have an XJ, but I wheeled with the great KJ guys from the KJ West club while I was in CA. Hopefully soon we can get enough KJ's to really have a Lost Alaska group going!

Let me know if you guys need anything, and I'll do what I can!

-Marisha
wolfheartak@yahoo.com

Post subject: Lost in Alaksa membership
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:30 am 
LOST Newbie

Are you still looking for members? I would love to join, but I live up in Fairbanks, and I don't head down to Anchorage very often.... maybe once every couple of years.

STOCK: Mopar Skids & Rock Rails
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2666032
Fairbanks_KJ,
Member #133661

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

Sorry for the late reply...

We are always looking for new members. If you come down on a Thursday and we're having a meeting, feel free to drop by.

Check the 4x4 network for runs if you're ever coming down, and we go about 1/2 way to fairbanks every now and again.

Plan to head down for the Meet and Greet next year, that's always good times.

-Marisha

Post subject: OEF PAO 2003 Libby Patriot Blue
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello,

I've been in Alaska for several years with this Jeep, but only recently started preparing the Libby. I have a brush guard and jerry cans in the garage. More pics when ready.

http://www.wirfel.com/Liberty/Liberty.html

-D

Post subject: Ralph in Soldotna Alaska
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hello L.O.S.T. Members and staff: My name is Ralph and I live in Soldotna Alaska, this is on the Kenai Peninsula, located about 5o miles SSW of Anchorage. I copied this from the new member intro. I did not know there is a L.O.S.T. In Alaska till just a bit ago.

I have a Stone White Jeep Liberty CRD Sport with front bug guard rear spoiler and side window rain covers, Grey int, 37k miles and flashed to F38. I do have some problems that the dealers has been unable or unwilling to fix and I bought the 70k service contract Max Care.

I am 53 years old, A Millwright by trade I have worked heavy equipment and Marine for Cat, Cummings, Detroit, and Twin Disk, but all prior to computer controlled systems. I also have a Graphic arts, Photography and Gallery printing home based business, and my wife runs a small home style B&B from our home.

I am very pleased to have found this forum and very pleased with the moderation and quality of the members and information provided here. I have been reading post for about 2 months and then decided to join lifetime. Just getting the information on the download for the Jeep Liberty service manual has more than paid for this membership.

I want to thank all the members and moderators for the work they have put into this site, truly an example of dedication.

Thanks for letting me join and i will get a pic of my rig up when i have a chance.

Post subject: Re: Welcome to LOST in Alaska--Check-in here!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:39 am 
LOST Newbie

New KJ owner and Alaskan resident checking in here. I moved up to Anchorage in January and bought a 2007 Liberty Sport a few weeks ago. I don't really plan on going far off road any time soon but I wanted to get connected with a good group of knowledgeable people. Its good to see there is such a visible Jeep presence in Anchorage!

2007 Jeep Liberty 3.7 L

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

I see there is not a lot of chatter on this thread, but I joined a couple days ago. :ALONE: I live in the Butte area near Palmer. Have a black CRD Libby and about ready to do the timing belt and lower ball joints in the next couple of days. I've lived here for about 2 years now and still trying to get to know the country around here. If anyone knows a good trail to go on close by, could you let me know where? Thanks in advance, Joe.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi folks. New to Lost and to jeeps, but not new to AK. Ive lived in Fairbanks my whole life except for in Anchorage (actually eagle river) last year.. I traded my sled for an 03 renegade about a month ago. I love it! Got big plans for it when the funds become available. Anybody up for some wheelin in the fbx area let me know!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

If anyone has a good mechanic for the Liberty CRDs please post here. I do light maintenance but don't have a garage so I don't get into much of the larger projects. My regular mechanic is not real comfortable working on the CRD as they have difficulty getting information on them. I have had some work done at Lithia in SOuth Anchorage but resist going there.

Anyway, had a P0101 and P0299 code this week. Have replaced air filter, cleaned the MAS and MAP. Changed fuel filter out since it had not been done for about 20k. Still have no turbo and am getting surging on low load acceleration. Of course without the turbo, I have to jump out and push it up hills so am looking for some help. I have read most of the posts regarding the P0299 code. I think I need to have the vacuum checked and the turbo.

Thanks for any direction,

wetherellak

2005 Liberty CRD Limited 94k
Stock
Intercooler hoses (64k)
Brake Calipers, Pads, Rotors&Flush(64k)
F/R Differential service(64k/93k)
Water Pump(75k)
Timing Belt(75k)
Cooling System Flush(75k)
Crank Shaft Sensor(80k)
Diesel Fuel Induction Service(93k)
Alignment(93k)
2006 Durango 74k
2008 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7 Cummins 112k

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:13 am 
LOST Member

Just drove 6,000 + miles with my trailer from Buffalo N.Y to Anchorage

Where to from here? PM me, thanks!

31X10.5 Duratracs
Yukon / Motive Gear 4.10's

Aussie Locker. Safari Snorkel.
ARB Diff Guard
Soft 8 - X7 - 4" BS

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:42 am 
LOST Newbie

I've been in Alaska for a while now, and had my KJ for almost a year.
I was locked out of my account, but was finally able to revive it, so I can finally post!! :banghead:

I live in Whittier :ALONE: , but I'd really like to get to know some other KJ owners in the Anchorage area. (Or the Valley/Peninsula)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:02 am 
LOST Newbie

KK owner in Anchorage! Seems like a bit of a ghost town in here... :dead:

- Blacked-out Headlights

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:13 pm 
LOST Member

Yep, ghost town. At least I can fix my own crd because you can't count on any shop in Alaska to know anything about these.