It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fairbanks KJ's
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:30 am 
LOST Newbie

Was just wondering if there was any KJ's up there in Fairbanks that know of some nice places to ride? Moving up there in August and looking to hit the trails. Fairly stock now, but looking to go up here shortly. Also does anybody ever visit the LOST AK pages anymore? Haven't seen anybody on here since Oct 06.

She's gone and man I am gonna miss her!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:48 pm 
LOST Addict

I lived in Fairbanks all my life until about 2 months ago..In Durango, Colorado now. I do know the trails up there though.... be warned: some soupy stuff....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the heads up durangotang. Guess not too many L.O.S.T. members up in that area as nobody seems to visit the sight that often. I'm also guessing I will just have to wait until we get up there and find some fellow Libby owners so we can go get L.O.S.T. on some of the trails.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:57 am 
LOST Addict

Hey be sure to get with me befor eyou go up there. I know the main off-road group out of Fairbanks (Arctic off road) pretty well. They are all big-rigs (FS blazers, big trucks, etc...) but there are a few jeeps in the group and those guys would love to have you out with them. No off-road Libby's that I know off in Fairbanks though... go up and start a trend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:57 am 
LOST Newbie

Pretty small world as one of my co-workers moved down from there about 2 years ago and he was telling me all about the Arctic Off-Road group before I came over here to Afghanistan. Sounds like a great group to get hooked up with for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm down in Anchorage, sorry, haven't checked here in a long time. Haven't seen any wheeling KJ's up here yet, but if you're willing, there are places to go. I wheeled with the KJ West crowd when I was down in CA and you'll be fine, just make sure a winch makes it up to the top of your to-do list if you don't already have one.

-Marisha

Post subject: Fairbanks KJ's
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:36 am 
LOST Newbie

There are a ton of Liberty's here in Fairbanks, but I don't think they get past the beaten path...

I know of a couple trails up here, and I will be scouting out some old mining roads that run between Chatinika and Olnes. I wonder if I will find any gold...?

Ester Dome has a couple of good trails that have spurs that go every direction. I am currently looking for a trail that goes from Ester Dome to Murphy Dome that can be run in the summer time. There are a couple of river crossings that are too much for an unlifted jeep (such as mine).

Check out Google maps and look at the satellite photo's around Murphy Dome. There are a bunch of trails that spur off cache creek road, and i hope to try to some of them this summer. If you want a good laugh, in google maps look up Jeep trail 99712. there is a "marked" road that is fun ATV trail.

I have lived in Fairbanks since 77, and have not done a lot of off-raoding that did not involve a 3-wheeler or a snow machine... I know bad Alaskan!!! :?

I just purchased a 2004 Liberty Renegade and everything is still stock. i am going to start slow... lift/tires and move from there.

STOCK: Mopar Skids & Rock Rails
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2666032
Fairbanks_KJ,
Member #133661

Post subject: Re: Fairbanks KJ's
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

Im up here in fairbanks and down to hit some trails.