It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bitter Springs Trail Run Vegas
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:44 pm 
LOST Addict

So after we did Potato Ridge on Sunday we did Bitter Springs on Wednesday. Fun trail, great scenery and a couple unexpected surprises. :D

Not too many pics but a few videos. Most of the trail was real easy thought there were some side obstacles that were optional and added to the fun. We were too busy wheeling to take too many pics but there are some cool pics of other stuff we saw. The last half or third of the trail is real soft and loose river bottom gravel and sand that we drove 40 mph through. Really, really frigging fun baja style trail end. Everything else was pretty much dirt road with some fun technical obstacles here and there.

We saw a helicopter out in the distance and it passed high overhead and turned around and passed over us again and headed straight at us. He got lower and lower and pretty soon he was right on top of us buzzing the tops of our jeeps. He made another pass and that is the first video I have (the REALLY REALLY terrible first clip... I was too interested in looking at the chopper and not through the camera :oops:) We got towards the end of the trail and found a nice little hill with a bunch of fun obstacles on it and a second chopper showed up and wouldn't you know it they buzzed us again! :lol: It was pretty awesome and pretty intimidating. Seeing that chopper baring down on us with its huge guns pointed right at us, loud and coming right at us. Awesome! I got a good clip of the second buzzing us. After that it passed off behind the mountain and we got in our jeeps and mrkake and poormtkid drove off and I was on top of the hill when the chopper showed up again and I honestly thought he was going to land on my roof. The chopper's shadow covered my KJ and the noise was near deafening inside my jeep. Really startling because I didn't expect it but man it was cool.
Anyway, here's the goods:

And here are the links to the videos, all of the chopper videos are zoomed out all the way too:

http://good-times.webshots.com/video/30 ... 4751eWTPix

http://good-times.webshots.com/video/30 ... 4751LhSrRx

http://good-times.webshots.com/video/30 ... 4751nhattn

http://good-times.webshots.com/video/30 ... 4751CYwhao

http://good-times.webshots.com/video/30 ... 4751IQkUMp

http://good-times.webshots.com/video/30 ... 4751kFGIvc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:01 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Didn't know you were going jeeping in Area 51.

Wow. cool stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:26 am 
LOST Member

Ahhh man was that a crazy run in with those choppers. Never seen anything like it. Fun trail I would say if anyone gets the change to do this one take advantage of the scenery and the river bottom rally style soft sand!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:03 am 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

Thanks for posting the pics and vids Mike! That was a fun little trip. It was tame enough in most places that I think I can convince my wife to run it with me. Next up for me is Wheeler Pass and then I have to check out the Logandale trail system :D

CRD Frankenlift II, Rock Lizard Rear Bumper, Mann Provent, GDE FT-ECO Tune, "Euro Torque Converter, Transgo 545RFE-H2 Shift Kit, 245/75 MT/R's on Moabs, Full Mopar Skids, Front Tow Hooks, CAT 2 Fuel filter and bleeder valve mod, Fumoto valve, Wahlbro Lift Pump, Custom 2 1/2" Exhaust

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:08 am 
LOST Addict

Next time I am down there I want to hit up Logandale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:11 am 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

I'll be ready :D Just let me know.

CRD Frankenlift II, Rock Lizard Rear Bumper, Mann Provent, GDE FT-ECO Tune, "Euro Torque Converter, Transgo 545RFE-H2 Shift Kit, 245/75 MT/R's on Moabs, Full Mopar Skids, Front Tow Hooks, CAT 2 Fuel filter and bleeder valve mod, Fumoto valve, Wahlbro Lift Pump, Custom 2 1/2" Exhaust

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:19 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nice looking fun trail. Very cool helicopter videos.

Was there a military base nearby?

John
];')

My Wheeling Videos :JEEPIN:
My Mods, Upgrades and Custom Fabrications

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:29 am 
LOST Newbie

Nellis AFB is nearby so we get to see all the cool jets and copters running around from time to time 8)

'95 YJ: 6Cyl, 4.5" RE ED Lift, 5/8" M.O.R.E. Boomerang Shackles, 4:11 Gears, D30 w/ OX Locker, Ford 9" w/ Detroit Locker, SYE, BFG 33X12.50 MT's, & various goodies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:19 am 
LOST Member

mrkake wrote:
Thanks for posting the pics and vids Mike! That was a fun little trip. It was tame enough in most places that I think I can convince my wife to run it with me. Next up for me is Wheeler Pass and then I have to check out the Logandale trail system :D

When ever you do logandale let me know I want to go there also. Sundays are best for me then I have a day off during the week usually wed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:03 pm 
LOST Addict

Video of our trips:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=35122

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:04 pm 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

PoorMtnKid wrote:
mrkake wrote:

When ever you do logandale let me know I want to go there also. Sundays are best for me then I have a day off during the week usually wed.

Sundays are my only official day off so that works great for me too. I will definitely let you know before I go. It's a lot more fun with a bunch of rigs (not to mention the safety factor).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:01 pm 
LOST Addict

I wish I could have gone. Maybe next time. My Father in Law thought we were nuts for running Potato, lol. He said he has only seen Wranglers run that and even he did it once in his old Bronco. Glad to see you had a great time and can't wait for the next runs.

35" tires (thus far)
plus a ton of other things. J.E.E.P.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:13 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nice pics & vids! I wish I could have made it out a few days earlier! I would have loved to see that chopper that close.

06 KJ Limited
10 JK Unlimited Rubicon
14 JK Unlimited Rubicon
14 KL Cherokee Trail Hawk