It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GA/FL Trail Ride: Albany, GA 5/02 & 03
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:37 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Murphy's Law prevailed again as there were only 3 vehicles that could make it. Two KJ's and 1 "other' one....Rob! Rob's KJ was in the shop so he brought his Yota. The Yota did a great job! There was sand dunes, mud and trails to play in and that is just what we did. That was Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon we all jumped into the Yota and went to a mud bog as spectators. It was interesting and fun to watch. It was a lot different than the mud bogs down here in Florida. Ours have all mud and very little water. This one had a pretty good layer of water over the mud.

Sunday morning Greg (ChiroKJ) and I hit the trails together and Rob (rob103180) slept in! He missed the best part. Greg and I decided to try a trail that I found earlier that morning by myself. It ran along side the Flint River and proved to be very interesting! We came to a "Y" in the trail and neither direction looked real inviting. To the left looked out of the question, not enough lift or tires for the way. To the right was a good mud hole (later to get a lot bigger!), a dry section about the size of a KJ, then there was a real interesting mud whole. This one had a very large elevated log coming in from the left, a tree on the right and a tree straight ahead. Not a lot of room between the log ontand the tree and as soon as you get by it you have to do a hard left to miss the tree in the front! So we took that way. I was in front and mad it with some mud flying and sliding. Greg came through the first mud hole just fine using his AT's. The second hole proved to be to much for the AT's and he got stuck. No front tow points (shame on you Greg) so I had to figure a way to get behind him. Along came a bunch of ATV's. One of the ATV guys took me on a route that placed me behind Greg and I was able to winch him out. Now come the fun time.

Remember that first whole that wasn't to bad or big. I made it a lot bigger and deeper! In trying to back up through the whole I slid over and almost into a large tree. After going back and forth a couple times and getting deeper and deeper I finally got myself sideways and figured the winch would come into action again. I figured I would try 1 more thing, I put her in the low side of first gear and used the emergency brake trick. That got me out of there to the cheers of the ATV riders. Now Greg had to go through, in reverse, what I had created. I think it took him 2 tries and he did it with lots of noise and flying mud!

It wasn't a big turn out but we did have a lot of fun. Greg seemed to really like the sand dunes and his AT's did him well in that stuff. Sorry to say there wasn't many pictures taken. In fact, I only got the one poser pick from the trails.

Terry

A little guy getting a tow from a Jeep:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:42 pm 
LOST Member

:lol: I thought that "Big Red" was a Ford & the Suzuki Samurai was giving it a pull. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

nosnorb_808 wrote:
:lol: I thought that "Big Red" was a Ford & the Suzuki Samurai was giving it a pull. :oops:

No, the Zuk was stuck. It did real good all over and that was the only time I saw it get stuck.

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

In the last picture you can see a red ATV almost under water. A couple of times all you could see was the riders head out there and that darn thing never stopped running! They did that over and over with the same results. :lol:

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:34 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I tried to get out there to spook you guys but I left too late to make it down there before I figured ya would have left :P

I came down and was in Atlanta over the weekend

I also tried to get a CB Skip to you at about 3pm on 4 16 38 and 40

The guys on 38 I thought was you! But it turned out to be some wheelers in Florida haha

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:28 pm 
LOST Member

Good writeup Terry. Here is some more pics. Wish i could have used the tires sitting in my sun room but they wont fit until heather sends my lift out..

2002 Liberty Sport ---> SOLD :(

For Sale: Skid Row transmission skid plate and rear headrests

ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE IS NOT EVIDENCE OF ABSENCE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

Man I had a blast! I just wish we could do it again with my KJ and many more. I got mine back from the shop only to realize that the bad pulley wasn't the noise however it was bad so that was a not so wasted $400. Then today they replaced the S-Belt for another $120. darn CRD! Now it is still making a little noise but I am convinced that it will get worse with time so they are going to look into the a/c compressor. $$$. I hope that the extended warr. covers it. So yes, I am back in the Land Cruiser again. I really wish that I could have made it back out the Sunday morning. It sounds like I missed a good time. The Land Cruiser really impressed me Saturday in that stinky swamp water that my stupid booty decided to play in. I wish we could have got some pics of it. I am up for another whenever you guys are. Let's just be sure that I have the KJ back. Thanks to Terry and Greg for attending! Sorry for not making it Sunday morning. Greg, how was the camping?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:27 am 
LOST Newbie

A couple pics from the Flint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:40 am 
LOST Member

can you say mosquito bites? anyway i'm game any day of the week after june 17ish. i think kjandy7 is coming down to atlanta area mon/tue 20th maybe? maybe i can convince him to come sat or sunday ?????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:47 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ChiroKJ wrote:
can you say mosquito bites? anyway i'm game any day of the week after june 17ish. i think kjandy7 is coming down to atlanta area mon/tue 20th maybe? maybe i can convince him to come sat or sunday ?????????

The skeeters were pretty bad Sunday morning down by the river. How were they when you were camping?

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:34 am 
LOST Member

they were pretty bad i think ill do the hotel thing next time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:44 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

That little red sidexside looks like the Polaris Rzr 800EFI. I'd like to get one some day.