It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MOAB "Silly European" Run
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:49 pm 
LOST Addict

When we arrived at the trail head of Elephant Hill, there was a European tourist dude talking with a Ranger and Durangotang about his rented Commander. As the story goes, he went out into the desert alone on the most difficult trail in Canyonlands NP and along the way, got a flat. The stock jack wouldn't work so he hiked back to the parking area to look for help. He was hinting that not only would he like help changing the tire, but he would also like someone to drive the Jeep back because he felt nervous.

I also got the impression from the Ranger that she would've liked us to take care of the situation but we all had Hi Lift jacks which would probably not work well with a stock vehicle. So the Ranger took him for a ride in her JK to go get the Commander since she had a large floor jack. After some spotting from Durangotang, the Ranger went up Elephant Hill and out of sight.

After a while on the trail, we crossed paths with them as they headed back with tire changed. We continued on and had a great time. On the return trip, we came across the Commander off to the side on the tight switch backs. There was another flat and we assume the Ranger took him out.

I wonder if he took the insurance?

Body damage:

Stuff hanging down underneath:

Punctured sidewall:

Pin stripping:

Spare already mounted:

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:57 pm 
LOST Addict

I have a friend from Poland and he was contacted by some Europeans guys to guide them through Moab. He did. Turned out the Europeans were the guys from Polish Playboy. They did a full spread on the entire trip in the magazine. Image

I couldn't help myself...Image

Apparently there are quite a few Europeans that come to Moab to wheel every year. The big wigs want to come back ASAP I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I was on fins and things two years ago in august and came upon a rented grand Cheokee with four people from france. They had joined the trail on the second half just off of sand flats road and had not gone to far when we found them and convinced them to turn around. They asked if the trail got any worse. :roll:

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient