It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Take Back Utah! Rally @ The Capitol.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:17 pm 
LOST Addict

I am not sure how to post a report of a political event on a forum that has rules against politics. Those who can see it before it gets deleted please enjoy!

I just returned from the big parade and rally. First let me say that I am so glad I live in UT.... roughly 5K people showed up for the rally to protest Fed control of the land and only one smelly hippy in the bunch! The hippy was standing on the corner with a film crew encouraging the children on ATVs and motorcycles to rev their engines to make lots of smoke. No doubt to make a point about global warming in a propaganda video. Adults really shouldn't exploit children that way. The only other incident at the rally was as I was waiting in the staging area wearing my "Dear Leader Chairman Maobama" t-shirt some dude driving a Prius with CA plates drove by, gave me the finger and screamed "f*ck you!" There were at least 10 children in the immediate area..... another class act from the Peoples Republic of CA.

The parade was 3 lanes wide and the police shut down State St for us. There was a mix of different vehicles, even a tanker was on the route. There was a free concert on the lawn of the capitol and everyone was having fun and living together in harmony as I left.

Many of us adopted mob names; mine is "Joey the Jeep".

If your interested in the issue check out: http://www.takebackutah.org/

The infamous Dan Mick of MOAB, UT

The capitol building behind Eagle Gate

Some random protest signs

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks for posting JL wish i could of been there.

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

good times.

wish our capital building was closer and we had an organized event like that for cali......though it would fall on the deaf ears of those "class act" hippies around here. :lol:

personally (and if I was still adminning) i'd say Any political event/topic about land use issues would stay active on the board and only posts against "our" majority viewpoints (staying on topic about the cause of course) would be edited.
:twisted:

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm 
LOST Addict

...and if I were a more powerful mod...

I'd move it twice and edit it to my liking :lol: :lol: