It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Xmas wheeling with some friends Bill's 491 offroad park KY
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:02 am 
LOST Addict

tried some snow wheeling today with some friends, Bill's 491 Offroad Park, KY

http://www.bills491offroad.com/

the park was fun, and since it was close to Xmas, we had the run of the park to ourselves, the snow and ice gave us some interesting challenges

The park has something for every level of Jeep, from rock crawling, to mud, to trail riding, the creek runs the entire length of the park, and has a moderate rocky bottom, trails for the most part are wide, some areas are tight but there are by passes everywhere. The park was very clean, there are restroom facilities (porta jons) through out the park. The canteen is open on Saturday and Sunday, the have the typical food, burgers, sandwiches, chips, dogs, brats, metts, ice cream the food was cheap, but tasty. The also have free air available on site for those who air down, Alexandria is the closest town large enough for lodging, about 15 mins from the park. The park is just south west of Cinci about 15 miles. Bill, the owner was present when we we there, and is a very nice individual, he offers group rates, but call ahead, he likes to have at least 12 people for the group rates. The entrance to the park has a very tight 180* turn, so trailering is not advised due to limited space in the entrance.

I would love to go back when the park does not have snow, the snow and ice made it difficult to see many parts of the park, and we had to break through 3" of ice in the creek to run it.

I believe it is closer than Haspin for many of the Dayton area folks, and I wouldn't mind making regular runs there. I give it 4 stars out of 5, the price was great, park is easy to get to, and the drive in was very scenic.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

click on pics for video

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Last edited by rokee1998 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Xmas wheeling with some friends Bill's 491 offroad park
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:07 am 
LOST Addict

Looks pretty wide.... i.e. Tahoe Friendly.
Have to wait until I get home to watch videos.... :banghead: :banghead: :furious:
Do I see a strap hooked to Don's ...again?

Brian, how'd you do out there not being lifted?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:49 am 
LOST Newbie

Nice to see a commanche out there, hav'nt seen one since I sold mine ages ago, was that a 4.0 ?

Last edited by zammer on Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:54 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

wow did not want to post up before hand to see if anyone else wanted to go or was this the real reason that you al did not want to come over for the M&G hmmmmm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:05 pm 
LOST Member

TAHOE wrote:
Looks pretty wide.... i.e. Tahoe Friendly.
Have to wait until I get home to watch videos.... :banghead: :banghead: :furious:
Do I see a strap hooked to Don's ...again?

Brian, how'd you do out there not being lifted?

I did very well without a lift. Had to take a few bypasses but they weren't super easy either due to the snow and ice. By the time I had to head out I was one of the few who hadn't needed to be pulled out :BANANA: Though that could be cause I was taking a bit fewer risks :twisted:

Had a great time with great company. Looking forward to another wheeling trip in the future!

Flame Red, 3.7L V6, 42RLE, Command Trac, Mopar Fog Kit, Front Tow Hooks, Mopar Hitch, Mopar Skids, Renegade Rims, Firestone Destination AT's, Pre-lowered Springs, EVIC install, Cobra Ultra 18 Weather band CB Radio.

Last edited by RedKJ04 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:11 pm 
LOST Addict

I second that Scott, this was never posted because it was not a L.O.S.T. run, it was a run between friends, some of my non-Jeep friends from KY, the reason I posted pics on LOST was for a trail report, to my knowledge this was a first time visit for most of the people who went.

I don't need to explain myself to you Nick , or you Chris, this is an open forum for Jeep owners, it is not a political organization, I suggest if you want that kind of Jeep club, go to http://www.muddybuddys.com ...Oh wait, you don't have Wranglers, never mind :roll:

Last edited by rokee1998 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:12 pm 
LOST Junkie

Wow !!! Nice to know if some one don't agree with your post it get's deleted !!! Ill keep that in mind !!!

14 STI Wagon
75 Cutlass "S"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

rokee1998 wrote:
I second that Scott, this was never posted because it was not a L.O.S.T. run, it was a run between friends, some of my non-Jeep friends from KY, the reason I posted pics on LOST was for a trail report, to my knowledge this was a first time visit for most of the people who went.

I don't need to explain myself to you Nick , or you Chris, this is an open forum for Jeep owners, it is not a political organization, I suggest if you want that kind of Jeep club, go to http://www.muddybuddys.com ...Oh wait, you don't have Wranglers, never mind :roll:

look at it from my point of view i have been trying to setup a get together at my place for almost a year. back in October i post up that i am planning a holiday m&g, then decide to take 5 people off the list. i did not think much about it thinking that you all may have had family things going on. but then find this post, if you all wanted to go play in the mud and snow that is fine don't give me any BS and say one thing then do another that is just not right. if you told me that you all wanted to go play in the mud than have some good old down to earth fellowship and relax with friends that would have been fine.... or is it that i am on the WEST side of dayton "not so wealthy side of dayton" AKA TROTWOOD and not "east sde of dayton" AKA KETTERING OAKWOOD rich side of dayton 3 of you have been to my place and my neighborhood and it is the nice area of trotwood no need to pack the guns. rant off

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:50 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

yea, i tend to recall that everyone had family stuff going on...me myself, i had class on friday, and today i had a final but i took it early...also my jeep passed away...but just remembering that suddenly 5 people got deleted off the list and it was a family reason for it then this pops up, seems a little sketch

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:18 pm 
LOST Junkie

Nick, because a few of us were invited to KY by Dustin's friend's dosen't give you the right to bash US !!!! Your location of Trotwood is just as poor as my location in Kettering !!!

I think Im done with L.O.S.T !

14 STI Wagon
75 Cutlass "S"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:26 pm 
LOST Addict

STINGN wrote:
yea, i tend to recall that everyone had family stuff going on...me myself, i had class on friday, and today i had a final but i took it early...also my jeep passed away...but just remembering that suddenly 5 people got deleted off the list and it was a family reason for it then this pops up, seems a little sketch

hmm, don't see family reasons listed, but maybe I am blind

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=56636&start=20

teckman02 wrote:
rokee1998 wrote:

look at it from my point of view i have been trying to setup a get together at my place for almost a year. back in October i post up that i am planning a holiday m&g, then decide to take 5 people off the list. i did not think much about it thinking that you all may have had family things going on. but then find this post, if you all wanted to go play in the mud and snow that is fine don't give me any BS and say one thing then do another that is just not right. if you told me that you all wanted to go play in the mud than have some good old down to earth fellowship and relax with friends that would have been fine.... or is it that i am on the WEST side of dayton "not so wealthy side of dayton" AKA TROTWOOD and not "east sde of dayton" AKA KETTERING OAKWOOD rich side of dayton 3 of you have been to my place and my neighborhood and it is the nice area of trotwood no need to pack the guns. rant off

and as far as Dayton/Kettering area being rich, WTF, Scott, Jim, Troy, Don, Myself are all struggling to make ends meet, truth be told, no one wanted to wrench on your stuff out in the cold Nick, and my friends invited us down to Bill's 491 and after what you pulled on the Haspin run, you wore out your welcome with me, I cannot speak for others, but I have a close group of good friends here and we help each other out, it may not be wrenching, but there are other ways to help, again this was a trip report and not a LOST event.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks for the trip report fellers, looks like a nice lil spot

any idea how busy the place gets when it's snow free? For the most part I don't do places like cliff's or badlands due to the volume of four-tards that make the trip edgy

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:04 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

rokee1998 wrote:
truth be told, no one wanted to wrench on your stuff out in the cold Nick, and my friends invited us down to Bill's 491 and after what you pulled on the Haspin run, you wore out your welcome with me

wow...that was a nice comment. give the guy a break, and by the looks of it, if you only have a CLOSE group of friends, maybe you should outlet yourself a little bit more and be friendly. a lot of people on the forum know each other, don't stoop down to a level and not be able to defend it. All Nick said was he wanted a M&G at his place and magically people just disappeared...and then this goes up...kinda like saying your girlfriend is sick then you see her out with some other dude when she said she was sick

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:07 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

Rokee- Can't make it, have a conflict on this day

redkj04 - Gonna have to take myself off the list as well. Just have too much stuff going on to allow me to attend...

1996xj - unfortunately with the holidays, I am out also, Towstrap as well

not trying to make any enemies here, but just constantly reading this bs is getting really old. i know you guys backed out of the wrench fest for a off road trip. but at least say your going to one rather than that stuff...making it seem like something all mighty is going on with family or such stuff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:34 pm 
LOST Member

I really don't care what others think I backed out due to exactly what I said too much going on (work, school finals, family member in the hospital, cleaning up the house for the holidays). Then I was presented with an opportunity to go do some wheeling and as a bonus it was only 20 minutes from my house and with friends why would I pass that up. But I stand by my decision to back out of the Meet and Greet.
Can't we all just get along and stop taking everything so personally? Seriously I am sure not everything is done to piss someone else off. Alright, I'm done now and going out to the garage to clean up my Jeep from a GREAT time out wheeling with some friends.

Flame Red, 3.7L V6, 42RLE, Command Trac, Mopar Fog Kit, Front Tow Hooks, Mopar Hitch, Mopar Skids, Renegade Rims, Firestone Destination AT's, Pre-lowered Springs, EVIC install, Cobra Ultra 18 Weather band CB Radio.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:37 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

understood. but this dayton thing has been sturing up for a little bit. all i really did was stated the facts about this M&G and it went south then this happened. its just a STRANGE coincidence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

rokee1998 wrote:
STINGN wrote:

hmm, don't see family reasons listed, but maybe I am blind

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=56636&start=20

teckman02 wrote:
rokee1998 wrote:

and as far as Dayton/Kettering area being rich, WTF, Scott, Jim, Troy, Don, Myself are all struggling to make ends meet, truth be told, no one wanted to wrench on your stuff out in the cold Nick, and my friends invited us down to Bill's 491 and after what you pulled on the Haspin run, you wore out your welcome with me, I cannot speak for others, but I have a close group of good friends here and we help each other out, it may not be wrenching, but there are other ways to help, again this was a trip report and not a LOST event.

one what did i pull on the haspin run

two if you you did not want to help pull apart the truck you did not have to me eric and don were going to to do a few things.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:00 pm 
LOST Member

Well so much for discussing this off road park or how good of a run this was... :roll: :5SHOTS:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:14 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

OK everyone step back away from your computer :-)r

Have a nice evening and then come back in a day or so when you've had time to think through things.

Cabin fever is running high I guess
:5SHOTS:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:24 pm 
LOST Addict

one what did i pull on the haspin run

two if you you did not want to help pull apart the truck you did not have to me eric and don were going to to do a few things.[/quote]

well Nick, for one, you invited yourself to the Haspin run without asking anyone if you could ride with them, you just assumed you could, 2, you showed up, having been to Haspin many times, with no money, and again, assumed someone would take care of you.

When I told you it cost $16 to get in you had this comical look of shock on your face like you didn't know when I posted it in on the first page of the thread for the Haspin run.

3, the proper thing to do when your a passenger (or at least offer) is to help with gas, maybe pay the entry fee for the driver

I have had to back out of runs due to lack of fundage, it stinks but, I am not gonna ask my friends to cover me on going on a run, if I cannot afford it, I don't go.

You may think I am being over critical, and if you do KMA. I wouldn't dare pull that stuff on my friends, and as far as the "Gayton" crew goes, that is something someone else coined, I don't know who, and really don't give a RATS AZZ. We "Gayton Crew" members as people like to post on here go wheeling with anyone from anywhere, be it from KY, IN, IL, MI, where ever.

And STINGN sorry to hear about your Jeep but we are friends with alot of people and we don't exclude, Scott has done so much work out of his Garage out of the Kindness of his heart for alot of LOST members, I can never repay him, although I try, so what I lack in mechanical ability to work on my heap, I have covered him on the last three rides because of all the work and other assistance he has given me. he works full time as a mechanic for a city during the week and uses the weekends to work on others stuff most of the time for free.

So yeah, I guess I am drawn to stay close to the "Gayton Crew" not because of the help, but because of the selfless sacrifices of people like Scott, and Jim, and Don who are willing to lend a hand at a moments notice, I have no family here and been very close to Death 3 times in the last 3 years, and Scott and Jim helped take care of things for me while I was ill in the Hospital with out having to ask them to do so, so I guess I am very loyal to them.

Again, "Gayton Crew" was coined by someone who does not live in "Gayton" we have never called ourselves anything but L.O.S.T members...

Just Sayin