It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Feb 2013 Black Forest KJ CRD trip
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

So we took a trip to the black forest yesterday and had a wonderful time. Even though there was no trailing involved it was still a blast. Figured i would post some pictures of the trip for you guys to enjoy.
Along the way
Still working our way there.
Glad I dont pay those prices!!
Another random KJ along the way
Such a nice day! Decided to stop for a photo shoot!
She got a little snow on the drive.... Guess no speed camera problems for me!
Got a good accent pic.
A ways up the hill
Our destination. Mummelsee
Enjoying the day!
Dang no entry.... Figures...
And headed home...What a place to see!

06 Jeep Liberty CRD Sport 112K miles, Clevis Lift, Front bumper trim, Straight Pipe Exhaust, Open Air Box Mod, PCV Bypass, Cobra CB, Rear Cargo Deck, 6 Lights, Roof Rack

Post subject: Feb 2013 Black Forest KJ CRD trip
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:59 pm 
LOST Addict

So your in K-town? Prices. I had to pay those prices no esso stations near by. Well at least you know you will get good service on your Jeep while you are there.

Post subject: Re: Feb 2013 Black Forest KJ CRD trip
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cool. Where's the picture of the Schwartzwalder Kirschtorte to prove you were there? :wink:

4.10 gears, front & rear ARB lockers, Boulder Bars, AFE Stage 2 intake
Surco rack w BajaRack jerry can holder
Cobra 75 WX ST

06 LJ Rubi, 3.5" RE SA and 33" BFG KM2s, GenRight tank

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:54 am 
LOST Newbie

Draco wrote:
Cool. Where's the picture of the Schwartzwalder Kirschtorte to prove you were there? :wink:

didnt have any honestly. It was more of a driving kind of day. Gonna go again this summer though. Mainly so we can pick up an authentic cuckoo clock.
jinstall wrote:
So your in K-town? Prices. I had to pay those prices no esso stations near by. Well at least you know you will get good service on your Jeep while you are there.

Well I might as well be paying on the economy. Diesel keeps going up on a near daily basis. As for the service Ill probably do most of my own on it. Im already due for my timing belt change. Once the tax return hits thats the priority.

06 Jeep Liberty CRD Sport 112K miles, Clevis Lift, Front bumper trim, Straight Pipe Exhaust, Open Air Box Mod, PCV Bypass, Cobra CB, Rear Cargo Deck, 6 Lights, Roof Rack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:10 pm 
LOST Addict

Thanks for your beautiful pictures. I really enjoyed seeing the trip to the Black Forest. it reminds me of the mountains in Vermont where I grew up.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:34 am 
LOST Addict

My last fill up in Germany before leaving cost me $179, I did it for 2.5 years.

You ding the TB yourself? Hope you have the tools and all the parts to do it right with. Remeber your in the land of real certified mechanics, not the BS ones here in the US. I had a great dealer in Ingelheim, whish I had them about 2 years ago for my TB. I'd be $19,000 richer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:55 am 
LOST Newbie

jinstall wrote:
My last fill up in Germany before leaving cost me $179, I did it for 2.5 years.

You ding the TB yourself? Hope you have the tools and all the parts to do it right with. Remeber your in the land of real certified mechanics, not the BS ones here in the US. I had a great dealer in Ingelheim, whish I had them about 2 years ago for my TB. I'd be $19,000 richer.

It would have to be out of the local area here cause everyone I know has been screwed on costs and recieved used parts on theyre vehicles. Not to say i dont trust everyone i just havent found one im comfortable with just yet. Luckily my land lords son is a certified mechanic and we hang out often so its pretty helpful.
lfhoward wrote:
Thanks for your beautiful pictures. I really enjoyed seeing the trip to the Black Forest. it reminds me of the mountains in Vermont where I grew up.

Your more than welcome! I should be going again this summer so another trip report will come up about it.