Yes 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Maybe 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2
 Post subject: The TAT
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

With inspiration of one day going from East Coast to West Coast I would offer, and want to know if there would be any by in from the groups to drive the 4800 mile Trans-Am Trail.

You can read all about it here http://www.transamtrail.com/, obviously this is a bit off in the distance for planning purposes. Reluctantly with my job sometimes planning that far in advance can go either way of going in season or not going at all.

I figure this would be a great expedition, and a fun time had by all. This would probably be a substantial time commitment as well. I would think that 30 days would be more than enough, and due to my military commitment would be as long as I could take time off.

In 30 days it would account for: stops, repairs if any, trip time for those to drive to Asheville (or make time for those who want to link up around the trail in the respective states), and at least for me the drive back to North Carolina.

I have included a poll to generate interest, and planning in the future maybe a couple of years out.

2006 Jeep Liberty
150K Club
JBA 2.5in Lift, ARB Bumper, 245/75R16 BFG TA/KO2, Black Rock Rims. More to come...