It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ethics
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:03 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

1. I will respect the rights of all recreationists to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors. I will respect public and private property.
2. I will park considerately, taking no more space than needed, without blocking other vehicles, and without impeding access to trails.
3. I will keep to the right when meeting another recreationist. I will yield the right-of-way to traffic moving uphill.
4. I will slow down and use caution when approaching or overtaking another recreationist.
5. I will respect designated areas, trail-use signs and established trails.
6. When stopping I will not block the trail.
7. I will not disturb wildlife. I will avoid areas posted for the protection of feeding wildlife.
8. I will pack out everything I pack in, and will not litter.
9. I realize that my destination objective and travel speed should be determined by my equipment, ability, the terrain, weather, and the traffic on the trail. In case of an emergency, I will volunteer assistance.
10. I will not interfere with or harass others. I recognize that people judge all trail users by my actions.
11. As a motorized trail user, I will pull off the trail and stop my engine when encountering horse back riders (it is also a good idea to take off your helmet and greet the riders).

other mods coming soon...

Post subject: More great rules to live by...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

1. Stay on the trail. Never get off the trail. Do not camp some place where you have to make a new trail to get there. Make sure you know the current rules for camping (get on the FOTR email list or check with me if you're in doubt).

2. Be smart about your tires. Air down; drive slow; and don't spin your tires where you don't need to. Stay on the rocks.

3. Follow the established route. Do not create a new route or bypass.

4. Be courteous of other drivers. Don't hold up the line and upset those behind you when you don't need to or have an alternative (such as getting out of the way).

5. Pick up trash you see along the trail.

6. Talk to other riders/drivers about their bad habits if you see some.

7. Never drive into or through wet areas or meadows. Stay on the trail that avoids these sensitive spots. Don't drive over vegetation. If you have to take a mud puddle that is part of the trail, take the most used line and go slow.

8. If your vehicle breaks down, try to limp it out of the way as soon as you can so as to not hold up those behind you. Every one is on a schedule these days. And no one likes to be held up. We all want to get as much fun in as we can in a short period of time. Be thoughtful.

9. Obey the law.

10. Don't drive over vegetation or make mud holes worse.

11. Help a wheeler in need.

12. Camp at least 30 feet from water sources (lakes, creeks, ponds).

13. Don't shoot in camps or along the trail. There are too many folks up there, and you never know where the granite will send you glancing bullet.

14. Drink responsibly.

15. Have fun; be safe; but be smart about our future. Thanks , Del

Source: http://www.delalbright.com/Rubicon/ethics.htm

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal