It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Georgia OHV Trails missing on USFS website
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:44 pm 
LOST Addict

There are unfortunate "omissions" on the USFS website about what the status is and the availability and access to OHV trails in Georgia. See my review of these here.

I suggest to everyone to look at your state and see whether the USFS has made other "mistakes" when they redesigned their websites as well.

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject: Re: Georgia OHV Trails missing on USFS website
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

Here is current information from

Diana Mullen
Conasauga Ranger District
3941 Hwy 76
Chatsworth, GA 30705
706-695-6736 Ext. 0
dlmullen@fs.fed.us
www.fs.usda.gov/conf

REGARDING TATUM LEAD:

Quote:
Tatum Lead is still open for 4x4 vehicles. The first two miles of this road coming off GA highway 52 are through private land, so you must drive a licensed vehicle until you reach national forest land (red blaze).

Also, I have noticed that some websites show the trail closed January through March, but this trail is open year-round. For more information on this and other recreation areas on the Chattahoochee Oconee National Forest, you can access our website at www.fs.usda.gov/conf.

REGARDING ROCKY FLATS:

Quote:
You are correct that the Rocky Flats information does not mention that you can drive full sized vehicles, but you are allowed to do so on that trail as well. Apologies for that information being left off. We are currently working on all the recreation information on our website to bring everything up to date. Rocky Flats is also a year-round trail.

The Tatum Lead Trail description does mention being suitable for 4x4 vehicles (see the box below). This information is available by clicking the plus sign on that page beside OHV Trail Riding, but again, as we continue to update, that will be more readily seen at the top of the page.

I checked the Motor Vehicle Use Maps, and the description under "Seasonal and Special Vehicle Descriptions" for both Rocky Flats (630-D) and Tatum Lead (631) say that they are open to all vehicles except tracked.

Post subject: Re: Georgia OHV Trails missing on USFS website
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:28 pm 
LOST Addict

Sounds like you need a "Take Back GA!" rally.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.