It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cheap rear bumpstops
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:19 pm 
LOST Member

I noticed that my rear springs were starting to sag from being over compressed. I could actually see marks on the coils where one coil was hitting another. I decided to make some bumptops. I looked at the hockey puck idea and modified it. I have about 3.5 inches of lift in the rear of the KJ (measured before the sagging probably about 3 inches now). I looked around and picked up two of these from my local Bass Pro for about $8 total. I used plain black silicone as an adhesive allthough you could as easily use a 1/2x4 bolt with washers and drill through the spring perch. I used the adhesive route becasue I didn't have a drill that would fit between the spring perch and the upper bumpstop.:roll: If you don't need the full 3 inches, it is easy to cut this rubber down to the length needed and just change the bolt size used. These don't seem to compress very much and are just a little smaller in diameter than the center of a rear spring spacer. It seems to work well so far. If I have any problems out of them I'll post an update.

Grand Cherokee TCM, Skids, Superwinch EPi 9.0 in cradle mount with 125' 5/16 Viking Trail Line, Mopar Rock Rails, Trac-Loc Diff, Frankenlift in front and Skyjacker/JBA springs out back, Monroe Reflex Shocks in rear, JBA Gen 4.5 Upper Control Arms, Moog LBJ's, 245/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs.