It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: rear deck folded down
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:26 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

whoops for got to add the folded down picture!

my rear deck folded down with both seats all the way up ready for the foam mattress and the sleeping bags ....and then good night! not bad for two hours work and left over scraps of plywood / lumber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

was it comfy at the rally for life? i forgot to ask you how it was when we were there. you just need to cover it with some matching carpet now! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:13 pm 

Yes have some carpet to put on it now and some trim for around the edges, took it out last night though to put the seats back in But yes it was actually pretty comfy at the Relay for Life, Granted for anyone 5'10 or above you would need to sleep kind of cross ways but for me its just right, of course I used to sleep in my old bob tail Broncos as well :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:07 pm 
LOST Junkie

Hi Tom - how easy is it to take the rear seats out and put them back? I'm not too handy with tools, but if it's fairly straight forward, it'd be handy extra space fot 2-3 weeks away.
Adrian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:13 am 

Not too bad to take out just have to look for all the bolts and remove, maybe 15/20 minutes, I will have to think how many bolts there were, will get back to you tomorrow :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:49 pm 
LOST Member

im doing almost the exact same thing actually how to you get it strong enough by the seat to be able to hold that much weight??? And can i get more pics?

Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Pathfinder AT's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:35 pm 
LOST Junkie

ditto on more pics please, especially of mounting legs. I'm in the planning/ ready for execution stage of doing this. Just not quite sure how i'm doing i'm gonna do it all, trying to get some ideas. thanks

mike

oh Tomm, did you get that new optima installed. You beat me to paypal on it, that's twice now. lol again another great deal. Is it gonna be for a dual battery set up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:17 pm 

I need to take it down out of the rafters to take some more pictures, the area that folds down only supports your head at night so no rear weight on it, at least not with my head :wink:

I put a piece of 1 X 3 all the way around the bottom for extra support including the piece that folds down all screwed and glued together so when the front is laid down flat the two pieces of wood are against each other providing more support.

I will try and get some extra pictures maybe this weekend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:25 pm 
clean machine
clean machine

It looks great, Tom. Those extra few inches should definitely make a difference for sleeping back there. I just took my flat deck out again after having it in a few months. Hardest part was finding the seat belt brackets. Found them exactly where I put them in the shed though.... :oops:

I really like the flat deck, but I now have a third passenger on a regular basis, so the seats had to go back in for now......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:07 pm 

snowsport wrote:
It looks great, Tom. Those extra few inches should definitely make a difference for sleeping back there. I just took my flat deck out again after having it in a few months. Hardest part was finding the seat belt brackets. Found them exactly where I put them in the shed though.... :oops:

I really like the flat deck, but I now have a third passenger on a regular basis, so the seats had to go back in for now......

I liked having the flat deck better as well, but every trip back down home my parents want to go somewhere ( if nothing else running old back roads/ logging trails) so need them (the rear seats) so they can ride along!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Looks comfy, Good idea :)