It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: vortech Superchargers
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

ok so iv been looking online for a supercharger and after along time of searchs i found some at http://www.andysautosport.com/jeep/2002 ... s/vortech/.

but they have over 30 of them and i dont know what i should get or even what the diff is between them all. so any help would be nice.

thanks jeepintom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:53 pm 
LOST Addict

This is one of those instances where my only advice would be: if you can't answer that question... you're in over your head.

Those are universal fit kits from Vortech, not Jeep Liberty specific kits. Trying to team up a supercharger to an engine like that is something that would NOT be easy to do. With one of those kits you would need to fab up the mounts, figure out your intended level of boost and determine the necessary pulley size, properly size the fuel pump and injectors, and (possibly the worst) get the computer flashed to match... would be a fun project but not one with much of a time limit on it.

Kenne Bell made a supercharger kit for the 3.7 Liberty but it has been discontinued. Your best bet would probably be to find one of those somewhere...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

thanks
jeepintom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:05 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

the 3.7 doesnt really like that much boost, well any really, waste of time / money and hair :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Unless you replace the stock pistons with forged ones any boost will destroy your pistons.Kenni-Bell did make a prototype supercharger kit but scraped it after blowing the engine and finding the top piston ring groove to close to the top of the piston.I don' know where you would put a centrifical supercharger under the hood of a KJ,no room,even more so if you have the HD cooling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:58 pm 
LOST Addict

huh... I haven't ever been under the hood or torn apart a 3.7. Didn't know the pistons were built that way.... that sucks for the gassers. Do they make 3.7L specific low-compression forged pistons?(or even stock profile)