It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: POR15 products
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:11 pm 
LOST Addict

I purchased the starter kit last month in attisipation of my sliders of doc_l who has gone MIA. But today I received an e-mail from the company listing other items I didn't know exsisted. Check out:

http://www.por15info.com/catalog/2008_catalog.pdf

This is some neat stuff, I will be buying more in the future hope somebody else appreciates the informatetion.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PIAA head light bulbs, Fog Light switched out to SilverStar 9005's
MagnaFlo Muffler, New Radiator, Rebuilt A/C system,Rebuilt Rear Diff, LBJ's twice
Dunlop 245/70-16 Rover AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

THEY ARE GREAT!!

BUT....

The por15 is a great rust preventer. It IS NOT uv safe and will fade if exposed to direct sunlight. Best tip(s) is(are) to....

1. Make sure you are in a VERY dust free enviroment. PEROID. Dust will land on the finished job and look like crap.
2. Follow their instructions TO THE LETTER on the prep. New steel, degrease and pre-treat as they recomend.
3. Allow 24-48 hours for the POR15 stuff to dry and cure. THEN put on two coats of the Hard Nosed stuff. Absolutely BULLET PROOF. You can re-coat the second coat of the hardnose stuff with in a few hours. BUT... allow this stuff, depending on the humidity and temp, as much as 2 weeks to FULLY cure, again in a dust free enviroment. Once this stuff cures, good luck getting it off. PEREFECT for skids. they use it on buldozer blades and crap like that. What's more, IT IS UV protective, and available in several colors.

Have fun

'07 Ltd 3.7L, Black, OME HD's, OME shocks, Mopar Skids, AEV Bridgers w/ TPMS, Kumho KL78's, ARB Bumper, KC 130 Watters, Warn M8000 Winch, Rock Lizard Gecko Roof Basket KC 150 watters, Cobra 75WSX, 3 ft FireFly, RL Super Step Skinks