It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nice Trailer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:06 pm 
LOST Member

LIV42DY wrote:
A few I have not posted, The power box, and battery box, switch panel its on the trailer but still under construction, still need the voltage regulator and need to run the wires to the rear of the trailer for the Frig,

Shocks, and a couple of the inside. The top was not installed at this time. Im still waiting for the latches for the top. ect, ect, The most expensive part is going to be the tent. anyway here are a few more.

LIV42DY,that is one sexy trailer! I am not a fabricator/welder/electrician, so all your added mods are beyond my skill. Couple questions, how much $$ in materials before tent are you invloved already? Anything you'd do differently now that you are almost done? If you were to reproduce one, what do you think you'd charge? Thanks for the update on the rig and again really nice job. 8)

Prev Vehicles: 1979 Caprice, 1997 TJ2.5, 1997 TJ4.0, 2000 Honda Civic, 2000 Dakota4.7, 2001 Explorer, 1985 VW golf, 2004 WJLTD, 2004 WJ4.0, 2005 TJX, 2007 F-150, 2004 WJ4.7, 2004 WJ4.7 LTD, 2009 KK, 2002 WJ4.7, 2004 WJ4.7 LTD + 2007 Kia Rio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Liv42dy, How's the handling since you added the shocks? It looks like you're gonna contact the center channel with the axle, especially with a load on. How about you flop the axle under the springs and notch the channel for a little bit more room?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:58 pm 
LOST Junkie

Actually the picture lies, i noticed that when I posted. There is about 6" from the tube to the center chanel, if you look at the distance from the left U bolt you will get a better picture of the clearance. the center only grops 1/2 below th main frame.

But Yes! I am going to give it a bit more hight . As far as the handling, the shocks made a big difference. I did go a bit over board with the build. I had it weighted, since I need the slip for the MV to register, and the trailer came in at 988 LB. the KJ ( with all mt gear in it) and the trailer came in 5,647lb.

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.”

Post subject: Re: Nice Trailer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:23 pm 
LOST Junkie

JEEPIN36COKK wrote:
LIV42DY wrote:
A few I have not posted, The power box, and battery box, switch panel its on the trailer but still under construction, still need the voltage regulator and need to run the wires to the rear of the trailer for the Frig,

Shocks, and a couple of the inside. The top was not installed at this time. Im still waiting for the latches for the top. ect, ect, The most expensive part is going to be the tent. anyway here are a few more.

LIV42DY,that is one sexy trailer! I am not a fabricator/welder/electrician, so all your added mods are beyond my skill. Couple questions, how much $$ in materials before tent are you invloved already? Anything you'd do differently now that you are almost done? If you were to reproduce one, what do you think you'd charge? Thanks for the update on the rig and again really nice job. 8)

Iam currently into the next design. things that I will change, suspension, will be independent and will use coils, I like the air bags but a bit concerned with anything under a vehicle that needs air ( suspension Wise)
the build will be out of 2x3 rectangular tubing for the main frame , and the top side from 2x2tubing and 2x2 C- Chanel. Will be a bit larger, mine is 4x6, the next one will be 5x7. Will use a 3500lb axel due to the bearing size. so far this is all I have on paper.

The top side Im still thinking. As far as the price on mine, the steel was discounted, my neighbor is a retired steel worker and he has connections :) The most expensive was the axel and springs and my labor. Im still waiting on the stainless steel water tank.
People usually go on the internet and buy those 100$ axel kits. I went with quality. I have the rear cabitens built and the gas grill.Still running power wires to the rear for the Frig All will not go in untill next spring. anyway, If you are interested in the future PM me we will talk.

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:17 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Liv42Dy, No matter what you did a killer job building a BULLET PROOF trailer. Fine job and I'm sure the additions will be top notch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:32 pm 
LOST Junkie

candpliberty wrote:
Liv42Dy, No matter what you did a killer job building a BULLET PROOF trailer. Fine job and I'm sure the additions will be top notch!

Thanks man. In a couple of weeks Ill post a few more. an yeah, I guess that a good way to put it "Bullet Proof"