It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: made a mock up for a shelf in the rear of the KK
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Tomorrow i'm gunna get the wood and get to work... its also my bday so it's sorta like a present to myself ( when / if i get it done). a how to and pictures will be posted at a later time!

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

Post subject: Re: made a mock up for a shelf in the rear of the KK
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:25 pm 
LOST Addict

:BANANA:

Happy (early) Birthday :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:21 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

haha thanks digger... yeah i'm excited for the shelf... and being 20... woo

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

and the shelf is complete just see some automotive carpet to match the rest of the car!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

We have a major failure to communicate here
- there's this basic concept - it's called photos
and there aren't any in this thread - this is a double plus ungood.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ATXKJ wrote:
We have a major failure to communicate here
- there's this basic concept - it's called photos
and there aren't any in this thread - this is a double plus ungood.

x2!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yesterday was my birthday and i didnt get a chance to do a write up/ take photos as i was busy ( :5SHOTS: )... right now it's just wood and i plan to carpet it... it removes pretty easily too... will have pics up in the next hour or two

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

straight on

from an angle ot see the height of each section

top view of where the cargo will go

still some things need to be added.. i'm adding push light to the bottom so at night i can see my cargo ( i'm debating if i should wire up something that makes it go on with the rear cargo dome light).
i also intend to either add mesh netting to the top ( closest to the seat) or add another piece of wood to keep the cargo in... i thinkt he net would be best so nothing goes flying in the event of an emergency stop
Finally i'm gunna havr o-ring screws in the sides so i can hold bungee cords which will help keep the cargo seated...

i plan to use the trunk carpet or auto carpet so any little gaps will be filled.

any suggestions?

the thing is pretty snug i mean like i get absoultely no movent with the system i made to lock it in...

enjoy everyone!... a how to of what i did will be posted at a later time

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:47 pm 
LOST Addict

Looks good!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:42 pm 
LOST Addict

Good mock up, and certainly not alot you can do with a KK lower down due to all those hatches, jack compartments, etc. For passenger safety IMHO you should be looking at installing the upper compartment guard to keep stuff from entering the passenger area. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:41 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

hey thanks... any one got any suggestions about what to do to keep the back seat passengers safe... i dont really like the idea of just puttin another piece of wood... i don't think that will do a sufficient job. i was thinking along the lines of a net or like one of those bar pet barriers( i like the bar idea better, much cleaner). only problem is i got the soft top and those normally mount fromt he floor to the ceiling of the vehicle... any ideas?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

the onyl thing i can think of is putting one of those cargo bars you put int he back of pick ups across the length over the passengers heads ( thats where there is plastic bosdy and not window) and then form that bar do a bungee cord or lace up a cargo net or something?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:33 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

shelf is now basically complete it's covered with carpet and the final touches will eb added tomorrow... any tips on what to do besides running the to protect passengers?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:45 am 
LOST Addict

One of those dog grates they sell?

http://www.jeepworld.com/accessories/li ... tition.htm

http://www.raingler.com/merch88JeepSUV.htm

I know they make one for the KK that looks like the first one that dealers should be able to find.......

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:18 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

if they deff make one like the first one that seems like an option... just gotta make sure it doesnt hit the shelf cause if it does I'm have to hack it up to fit it

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:33 am 
LOST Addict

I know the Aussies have access to one from their dealers.. I have seen pictures... but they are pricey down there.........

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

i've decided to hold off ont he rear cargo divider and a took a simplper approach... good old bungee cord haha... it's a small one so it just makes it across the shelf so it's snug.

Iyt's completely carpeted i just need to add some eye-hooks so i can attach bungees for the cargo on top.... i really like how it came out.

tomorrow the jeep is getting some work done so it has to come out tonight but after tomorrow i'll put up some pictures of when i re install it and get everything fitted the way i want

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:38 pm 
LOST Addict

Or you could use a small spider net.....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:36 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

i didnt really like the looks of those spider nets... plus its hard to put it anywhere with the skyslider roof haha... no real places to hook it

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:30 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Custom Rear Cargo Shelf