It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: winch mount/ hybrid steel and no morE plastic front bump
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:03 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

arengant wrote:
Looking great! How about a full frontal view showing both sides? I really dig those side tubes made out of exhaust!

OME, Rancho, RRO A arms, RRO roof rails w/ diy cross bars, Dual XHD7714 with Pyle speakers, drop in K&N air filter with home made CAI, 8k smittybilt winch , Sears Platinum P1, in cab winch control, 100w Optilux lights, 7" e-code Hella headlights,245/75-16C Duratracs. DIY rockrails, DIY rear double deck cargo rack.

Post subject: Re: winch mount/ hybrid steel and OE plastic front bumper.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:41 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Awesome! I really like the way it (the whole front bumper) works with the body/lines, especially since you designed/built it at different times!

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks! It turned out pretty much how I envisioned it. I don't have the front oe skid to bumper skid installed because I'm going to change hoses, tstat and coolant. I'll post another pic with that skid on place soon.
I want to do a removeable spoiler in front of the tires and front suspension made of 1/4" round steel bar covered with glass cloth/resin. I saw an episode of TRUCKS! on Powerblock that used a Snuggy stretched over a steel frame soaked in resin. I might drive to Fla. and want to up the aerodynamics when doing long stretches of highway and remove it for 4wheeling.

OME, Rancho, RRO A arms, RRO roof rails w/ diy cross bars, Dual XHD7714 with Pyle speakers, drop in K&N air filter with home made CAI, 8k smittybilt winch , Sears Platinum P1, in cab winch control, 100w Optilux lights, 7" e-code Hella headlights,245/75-16C Duratracs. DIY rockrails, DIY rear double deck cargo rack.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:30 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Check for fit: Image
Done, for now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:26 am 
LOST Addict

Whats up with your headlights, seemed bug eyed

Sweet bumper!

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk 2

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:08 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks, 4x4kayak2112! The headlights are 7" e-code Hella with 70w/65w h-4's. The drivers side has a chrome ring but the passenger side doesn't for cold air intake.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:59 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My latest addition to the bumper. Who knows if it'll work. Logic says maybe. Each side is held on with three bolts that screw into 3 threaded rod couplers welded into the bumperettes. Also 2 pins that fit sockets welded to the way front skid.
Racks made of 1x2's to hold the frames while covering and resining
After covering with black fleece material and half gallon of polyester resin
Coat of bedliner and off to testing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:41 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My :2cents: is it looks MUCH better without that "skirting" under the bumper. Ya had a good thing going but sorta gave it a train coming down the tracks look. Just my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Yeah, I know. I totally agree but if it can give me 2-3 mpg getting somewhere and getting rid of the cow catcher for off roading, that'll make me happy. :D