It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 562 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: 385HP KJ - Caution - Wildman's on the loose again!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The bender came with dies for ... 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1-1/4", 1-1/2" and 2"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KJWildman wrote:

:banghead: darn hoping for at least 2.5" or 3" :banghead:

Post subject: Re: 302 V8 KJ - Caution - Wildman's on the loose again!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I think the 16T came with Dies to 3"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:17 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I don't know why,

but for some reason I knew that once that engine started to come out, that V6 would turn into a V8.

Franken/Jacked
265/75 Duratracs
Skid Row Skids
RED LED Overheads and Footwells
Custom TJ Bumper
4x 100w Hellas on rack
Nokya Hi-Watt headlight bulbs
Blacked Stockers
Thrush Welded muffler
K&N Filter
Custom Boiler Rack

Soon:More Lights, ARB/Winch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:21 am 
LOST Addict

You suck larry... I always have wanted a bender, opens sooo many project doors!!!!
I did buy a little mig welder over the weekend, soo I guess that was my first step. Surpirsed I haven't welded the libby to the floor yet, Been welding everything in sight :SOMBRERO:

302....,302... I thought you wanted to go big.... :goink: :goink: :goink: :mrgreen: At least with a cough cough F@*d motor( I can't even type it let alone say it :mrgreen: ) the Dizzy is up front, unlike a SBC that creates firewall clearance issues.
Just pulled the Bronco body off, drop the Libby on it... DONE!!!! :jester:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:39 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

or he might be the first soon to be sfa liberty n ohio (with good axels that is, the other one had 30s)

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:47 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

No SFA here! I'm just gonna have the baddest IFS Libby in the nation tho'!!!!!! :BANANA:

Still time left in the day, but it's friggin hot and muggy out there today! Came in to cool for a little while before the heat gets me! Didn't get the hoist delivered yet, maybe tomorrow or Monday. I don't work til Wednesday so I'll try and get as far as I can by then.

Removed Bumper Fascia, condenser, radiator, radiator support bracket, headlights and support bracket, A/C pump.
When I go back out it's, skids, power steering pump and cooler, A/C lines and dryer and maybe driveshafts! It goes slowly when you're working alone!!
If that all goes as planned I'll attack the exhaust removal and maybe drop the xfer case tomorrow.

WOOOOOHOOOOO! We're havin' fun now! :BANANA: :pepper: :BANANA: :pepper: :BANANA: :pepper: :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Doing good so far. Keep us updated. :D

Terry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Pheewww! Okay Day 1 down of the actual teardown! Dam, I don't work this hard at work! I'm gonna have to quit taking days off! :-)r

Okay, to continue the last post, I went back out and pulled all the skids, got the power steering pump and hoses off along with the PS cooler, pulled all the A/C lines and dryer with bracket and pulled the cruise control vacuum actuator thingy(technical term) along with the vacuum lines and cable for the throttle body. I guess that's all! Dang, sure feels like that list should be like a mile long! :jester: I'm gonna eat, cool down and jot notes for my memory. Tomorrow's another day and still lots of work to do! 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:21 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

you truly are a wildman... i am watching this thread and loving every second of it... believe me i'm rooting for you to git er done

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:10 am 
LOST Addict

Larry, should've let me know, I would've come help. Nice work so far
Even would bring my own tool..... :twisted: :jester: :ROTFL:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:36 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

I'm back in town Larry!
Let me know whats going on this week :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Got the rear driveshaft out today. Got the front driveshaft all unbolted but couldn't get it to slide out! :banghead: The Jeep's still sitting on the ground, guess I gotta jack it up, get it on stands to get the room to pull it. Started getting the exhaust pulled but I'm missing a socket ... It's the one I need for that ( naturally ). Got the TCM unplugged and it and the bracket off. Got the Jet chip pulled and that's about it for today. Had some family stuff to do today. :roll:
Called a guy on GL4x4 with a 302/trans./xfer case for $500. It's an EFI 302/AOD trans. (not the EAOD) and he wasn't sure what the xfer case was. Any input on this combo? I'm not sure I wanna mess with the electronics for the EFI at this point. Also found (for $200) an adapter for a 302 to TH350/TH400 trans. so I was looking and found a TH350/205 combo for $600, Any input?

Thanks for the help guys
Larry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:42 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Didn't do a whole lot outside today. Did get the engine hoist delivered today! ( Thanks Hart!) Pulled some more sensor wires, tried to get the exhaust loosened up. It was SO rusty! I sprayed some PB Blaster and give it a go tomorrow. Sat at the table inside and did a layout for the dash cluster. Took apart the spare dash cluster and tried to see how it will all fit in there. I'll be able to get the speedo, tach., fuel level and water temp in their approx. factory locations. I'm thinking I'll get one of the A-Pillar mounts for other gauges.
Went and looked at the 302/auto for sale. It's a definite possibility! I'm just not sure I've heard a lot about the BW xfer case. I'll need a new intake and carb because it's a throttle body EFI, but everything was there. Well, guess that's all that's new today.

You keep Jeepin!
I'll keep Fabbin!

KJWildman !!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I should be able to make it over after work tomorrow Larry, unless of course something breaks loose at the shop. BUT I do have the ok from my real boss :roll: :BANANA:
Ever get that 13mm?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:15 pm 
LOST Addict

KJWildman wrote:

The hf pipe bender is not a tube bender. Be careful with that thing if you're thinking about doing cage work... pipe and tube are two different things...

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Gone, But not Forgotten...
2003 Sport - 'Fire Engine' Red
Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
245/75/16 Wrangler Duratracs's on Cragar Soft 8’s
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:40 pm 

Larry got a few things done on the KJ this afternoon and this evening
( with a little help from me, and lots from BugginKJ ) :wink:
next time we want the AC on, food and beer or we go on strike! :goink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Good time and I didn't break anything! Shoot Larry had it at that point so with a little butter she slid right out :BANANA: :BANANA: Whens the parts coming Larry, I forgot to ask? :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well, I stopped to eat and Tom beat me to the post! Got quite a bit done today as you can see with the help of BugginKJ. Oh wait ... Tom handed us tools and took some pictures! :ROTFL: It's usually the other way around, Feels good don't it Tom! Bring a chair next time!! :ROTFL:
So, I went ahead and got the Y-pipe out of the way, unplugged some more wiring, removed the console and removed the shift linkage to the xfer case, undid the linkage to the trans., drained the fluid from the xfer case and undid all but one of the bolts to the xfer case ( I thought ) before BugginKJ showed up. We went ahead and started finishing yanking the xfer case and it wouldn't budge! :? (I missed a couple bolts behind the trans xmember! :roll: :oops: ) About this time Tom showed up. Hart took those bolts out and the case practically dropped out in his hands! :BANANA:
I thought that's what we had planned to do for today, but Hart had other ideas! :roll: With Tom and Harts encouragement (or taunting) we decided... "Hell, let's just yank it all the way out!" All the wiring to the O2 sensors and starter weren't undone yet, but that didn't stop us. Once we had the chains on it ... we just jacked and pulled until something stopped us and then we removed it!!! :ROTFL: Once it was on the way out it came fairly easily. we did have to pull the exhaust manifolds with the engine hanging halfway out on the hoist! But now I just have to remove the rest of the wiring and pick up the other motor and we're on the way back in!!! :BANANA:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:27 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Uhmmmmm Larry, ya forgot the thingy about removing the front axle/craddle BEFORE the engine goes in :jester:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 562 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next