It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Writeup: Relocating the stock washer bottle
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:56 am 
LOST Member

All of the old write ups have dead pictures so i decided to make my own, not alot of detailed pictures, but you should get the point.

Materials:
Stock washer bottle
8 butt conectors from NAPA or autozone
Primary electrical wire
wire cutters/ strippers
electrical tape
plastic welder

Total cost: $10.33

1. Remove stock winshield washer bottle, cut off the long neck, and plastic weld the top where the cap attaches back to the bottle. Let sit over night.

2. Take the stock electrical cord and cut it off about 2 inches from the end attachment, strip the plastic off the wire about an inch from the end. There are 2 things that attach to the washer bottle, 2 wires for each- that means you have to strip 4 wires, a total of 8 times. Take your primary cord and strip an inch off the ends. Use your butt connectors and attach the primary wire in between your 2 stripped ends of each wire (make sure you match up the colors) make sure you crimp the butt connectors tight. Reattach both attachments to the washer bottle and test it out to make sure it works

3. Grab your electrical tape and tape all of the stock and primary wire, and butt connectors.

4. Next, there are 2 sensors. Move them from here:

to here:

5. Your airbox should already be out- put the washer bottle into the space behind where the airbox fits. Push it as far back as you can without it pushing on anything- Put your airbox back in. You will have to push to get it back in. Congratulations, you just relocated your stock windshield washer bottle for under 15 bucks- a mod very, very few people will ever notice.

Im working on a mounting bracket, but for now its not going anywhere, its a very snug fit.

Last edited by daltonamorph on Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Writeup: Relocating the stock washer bottle
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Good write-up, the only thing I'd change is...when using crimp wire connectors in an automotive application, I always coat them in StarBright Liquid Electric Tape, once it's dry I go over it with vinyl electric tape to prevent chafing.

I plan to do mine in much the same fashion, but with my cold air intake....(no stock air box)....I'll have to engineer a bracket of some sort to hold the bottle.....

Thrush Welded Muffler
K&N (Poor Man's) cold air intake
Goodyear Duratrac 245/75-16

Post subject: Re: Writeup: Relocating the stock washer bottle
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Do you have a bracket holding the resivoir? If not, you may want to fab a bracket to keep the bottle up off the wiring loom right underneath it. It wouldn't be a good thing to have the bottle rub through the harness there. I made a 90 degree bracket to hold mine up just off the loom.