It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: anyone want to build me a bumper?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:31 pm 
LOST Junkie

Haha I have no expierence with things like this. I KNOW some of you have created some amazing bumpers. Any body want to help me out? Pm me.

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.
MY BUILD: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59628

Post subject: Re: anyone want to build me a bumper?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tube or brute or what?

There's a hot rod shop near Wilson NC that will make custom tube bumpers for a pretty decent clip

there's a couple tube and plate steel fabbers out towards wilmington too as well as down towards charlotte and what not

that shop in wilson also does sheet punchin for custom hood louvers the old school way

im sure you can find their name with a bit of research, if I can remember what the name of the shop is i'll let ya know, right now it's escaping me

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:42 pm 
LOST Junkie

Thanks man and I'm thinking pre runner style

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

pre-runners can be made out of 4x4 pressure treated lumber :P

could always weld a dumptruck driveshaft to the front :)

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

CoopaTroopa wrote:
Thanks man and I'm thinking pre runner style

Hours away I am but I have aspirations for a pre-runner style for mine also. Will be going to talk to a fabricator in a few weeks.

Any thoughts for the North East \ Mid-Atlantic?

OME 926/948 w/ OME Shocks, 3/8 Boiler, 1" LTT, a bit of Clevis lift
MOPAR Skids, Custom trans skid
Valley Roof Basket with Extension (when required), Homemade fence post crossbars with Thule system to compliment
Mastercraft A\T Something or another...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:06 am 
LOST Newbie

JeepinJarhead03 wrote:
tube or brute or what?

There's a hot rod shop near Wilson NC that will make custom tube bumpers for a pretty decent clip

there's a couple tube and plate steel fabbers out towards wilmington too as well as down towards charlotte and what not

that shop in wilson also does sheet punchin for custom hood louvers the old school way

im sure you can find their name with a bit of research, if I can remember what the name of the shop is i'll let ya know, right now it's escaping me

I think the shop you are thinking of is Down East Offroad.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:48 am 
LOST Newbie

hey bunkermonkey, im down in quakertown, and i can build u a bumper

05 KJ- CRD 2" daystar, rubi rims, GDE hot tune,2.5" exhaust, safari rack, 245s (wifes)
00 XJ- 4.0/auto, 5.5" custom lift, 33" A/Ts, custom bumper (wifes wheeler)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:33 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

krazykarl454 wrote:

Hmmmm, I just passed through there last weekend going to Philly. Do you have a shop or something I could stop by and we can chat? I travel fairly often.

OME 926/948 w/ OME Shocks, 3/8 Boiler, 1" LTT, a bit of Clevis lift
MOPAR Skids, Custom trans skid
Valley Roof Basket with Extension (when required), Homemade fence post crossbars with Thule system to compliment
Mastercraft A\T Something or another...

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:24 pm 
LOST Newbie

krazykarl454 wrote:

What would a bumper cost to be made for a kj?

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:34 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

CoopaTroopa wrote:
Haha I have no expierence with things like this. I KNOW some of you have created some amazing bumpers. Any body want to help me out? Pm me.

what happend with the rocklizard?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:26 am 
LOST Junkie

this post is from a year ago, it seems like you have a personal vendetta to bash RL at every chance possible.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:10 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

CoopaTroopa wrote:
this post is from a year ago, it seems like you have a personal vendetta to bash RL at every chance possible.

not at all i just know people that paid and never gotten what they have payed for.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:19 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

teckman02 wrote:
CoopaTroopa wrote:

not at all i just know people that paid and never gotten what they have payed for.

a lot of people have paid for a bumper and never got one. i have seen one personally and it is not the greatest thing i have seen. Their rear bumpers and roof racks are awesome. But due to the poor nature of people not receiving their front bumpers, his reputation kinda dwindled

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Wow he has had a rough couple of years with family and health so people want to take him and his business to the whippin post?!?!?! :evil: Sure at times he has taken some extra time answer emails or calls but ALWAYS come through when givin a chance! He also is a business that has been here on LOST for quite some time supporting us like no other with great products! People need to grow up and realize not everything can go the way the want it to in their time frame especially when dealing with custom fab work. Lay off the man already! :evil:
edit: It also is sickening that some folks that have never ordered anything or have any intentions of ordering product from him will bash him and or his service, some I guess just love to stir the pot :banghead:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:19 pm 
LOST Junkie

He also sent me pictures of my mostly complete bumper just to assure what he's doing works for me. To me that says he values what he does and wants evsryine to be happy with the end product and it not just be some generic crap.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:04 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

BugginKJ wrote:
Wow he has had a rough couple of years with family and health so people want to take him and his business to the whippin post?!?!?! :evil: Sure at times he has taken some extra time answer emails or calls but ALWAYS come through when givin a chance! He also is a business that has been here on LOST for quite some time supporting us like no other with great products! People need to grow up and realize not everything can go the way the want it to in their time frame especially when dealing with custom fab work. Lay off the man already! :evil:
edit: It also is sickening that some folks that have never ordered anything or have any intentions of ordering product from him will bash him and or his service, some I guess just love to stir the pot :banghead:

Times two
I've never had an issue,
and the new front bumpers will be killer , I have pics :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:23 am 
LOST Junkie

I like it alot more than how they looked before... They were good then but now its just awesome. Maybe when people see it they will finally get off his back.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:29 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

BugginKJ wrote:

i understand the family and health issues...but how did he bang out 2 rock lizard sfa builds and no bumpers...when the bumpers were paid for

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:09 am 
LOST Member

I have a roof rack and rear bumper from RL. Would I buy again if I could do it over? NO! Double NO for recommending others to purchase from him. It took too long to receive with numerous false promises of when it would arrive. And once you get the parts you have to figure out how to install everything with no directions. Not a big deal if you have worked on cars before but knowing you need to cut metal on the rear crossmember to install the bumper might be handy. I give him credit for making parts for the liberty when no one else does. I believe the lack of competition is the reason why most people give him a pass on the faults of his business structure. But when I compare RL parts to the equivalent parts I have on my 97 Land Cruiser the quality doesn't stand out. The RL items are beefy and strong but its the little things that don't have quality. The first time I greased the bearings on the swing out tire carrier 3 of the 4 cheap grease fitting broke off. I can't rethread them to put new ones in because of the location of them. The RL roof rack has two holes that didn't match up with the roof. Had to drill new holes to bolt it down. Also I can't raise the sunroof without hitting the rack.

96 Ford F350 4x4

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

Wow good to know this stuff. I was actually just about to order a rear bumper from them. It's a lot of money, but I trashed my stock one last week and don't see replacing it with another one like that. I need something beefier. If not RL, then who? Are there any other swing away ones on the market?

2005 Liberty CRD Limited Loaded, GDE Hot Tune, Rear Suspension Air Bags, ARB Bull Bar, OME 790 front springs with Nitrochargers, Rancho 9000s in the rear, 245/75/16 Duratracs, Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, Red Samcos, HiLift, Smittybuilt X2O 8,000 lb, Solid Rear Diff Cover

Chaperoned by the dog pack - Bobby Seale, Abbie Hoffman, and MJ Pride