It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: anyone want to build me a bumper?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:31 pm 
LOST Junkie

That's the plan! :JEEPIN:

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.
MY BUILD: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59628

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:34 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

CoopaTroopa wrote:
That's the plan! :JEEPIN:

you da man! :pepper: :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:36 am 
LOST Newbie

I know it isn't about a bumper but we talked a lot about the rock lizard guy. So I thought I would just throw out, he is apparently done with his SFA swap kit. Nice. But $10,000. Hard to bite.

2005 Liberty CRD Limited Loaded, GDE Hot Tune, Rear Suspension Air Bags, ARB Bull Bar, OME 790 front springs with Nitrochargers, Rancho 9000s in the rear, 245/75/16 Duratracs, Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, Red Samcos, HiLift, Smittybuilt X2O 8,000 lb, Solid Rear Diff Cover

Chaperoned by the dog pack - Bobby Seale, Abbie Hoffman, and MJ Pride

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:45 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

denvergrows wrote:
I know it isn't about a bumper but we talked a lot about the rock lizard guy. So I thought I would just throw out, he is apparently done with his SFA swap kit. Nice. But $10,000. Hard to bite.

:ROTFL:
Didn't look too good did ya, there are different ways of doing it and different prices
Plus do you see anyone else offering anything close to a complete kit out there?
Kind of like just buying spacer lift, or OME springs or buying a complete Frankenlift
different ways of going about it :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:49 am 
LOST Junkie

I think for people who actually want to do an sfa swap or have done one, they might say the price is worth it seeing as they wont have to hunt down parts and will know they will work. Thats just my :2cents: though

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:01 am 
LOST Newbie

wow tommudd, you can't help but to defend rock lizard can you? Even when no one attacked them.

#1. I was just saying that the SFA swap that RL has been talking about, the one that has been mentioned on this thread several times, is done.
#2. Yes, I noticed that there were different options. I also noticed that if you are going to do it, and do it right, you would probably need to purchase the whole package.
#3. I mentioned the price, and my opinion and financial situation, that it is "hard for me to bite." I didn't say it was too much or not worth it or that the quality was crap or anything else negative. Just that it would be hard for me to afford.

2005 Liberty CRD Limited Loaded, GDE Hot Tune, Rear Suspension Air Bags, ARB Bull Bar, OME 790 front springs with Nitrochargers, Rancho 9000s in the rear, 245/75/16 Duratracs, Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, Red Samcos, HiLift, Smittybuilt X2O 8,000 lb, Solid Rear Diff Cover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:44 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

denvergrows wrote:
#3. I mentioned the price, and my opinion and financial situation, that it is "hard for me to bite." I didn't say it was too much or not worth it or that the quality was crap or anything else negative. Just that it would be hard for me to afford.

2X can we see a row of hands here of people that have 10 grand just burning a hole in there pocket

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:54 am 

Techman ............
ah never mind
its not about who has 10,000 laying around
its about how much it would take to get all of those parts together
make brackets/ everything needed to do a SFA
If someone wanted to do a SFA in their driveway, this would be an easy way to go, no measuring/cuting/buying lots of metal etc
But then no matter what .................. :roll: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

So Tom, I assume we will be seeing that upgrade made to your kj soon?

I think your wrong. It is about who has 10k laying around. What it is not about is whether or not its a fair price or if someone could build one cheaper. If it was cheaper, yes, I would love a SFA on my libby. If an original hemi cuda was cheaper, I would have one. But I can't afford it. That does not however mean that they are priced unfairly or that I could build one cheaper. Just means that I can't afford it. Doesn't even mean it's RL's fault I can't afford it.

Let me try to put it in terms you may understand:
:JEEPIN: with SFA= :2cents:
more :2cents: than I have
Maybe I should start playing :BINGO: to win the :2cents: .
Or I could spend more :2cents: on the axle and work instead of :CAMPING: and :JEEPIN:

Is that enough symbols?

Last edited by denvergrows on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:17 pm 
LOST Junkie

It would take 500,000 two cents for you to get there... 8) :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

Spare some change?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

:POPCORN: :5SHOTS: :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:36 pm 

denvergrows wrote:

I think your wrong. It is about who has 10k laying around. What it is not about is whether or not its a fair price or if someone could build one cheaper. If it was cheaper, yes, I would love a SFA on my libby. If an original hemi cuda was cheaper, I would have one. But I can't afford it. That does not however mean that they are priced unfairly or that I could build one cheaper. Just means that I can't afford it. Doesn't even mean it's RL's fault I can't afford it.

Or I could spend more :2cents: on the axle and work instead of :CAMPING: and :JEEPIN:

Is that enough symbols?

Ah I don't think you are understanding what I was trying to say
plus now I have not a clue as to what you are saying
so lets leave it that its a great kit if you want to do a SFA and have the money saved up
Oh and most do not think next Monday i am going to do a SFA, most everyone saves for months/years etc to have it all so this is no different
I have a symbol for ya but :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:36 pm 
LOST Junkie

Maybe Tuesday? :BANANA:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:31 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

tommudd wrote:
denvergrows wrote:

Is that enough symbols?

so lets leave it that its a great kit if you want to do a SFA and have the money saved up
Oh and most do not think next Monday i am going to do a SFA, most everyone saves for months/years etc to have it all so this is no different

hes saying i have better things to spend 10k on in the long run right now. other people, seem to enjoy spending money on their jeeps like its their kids and not spending it on their family/kids.

just my :2cents: .

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:02 pm 

STINGN wrote:
tommudd wrote:
denvergrows wrote:

Is that enough symbols?

hes saying i have better things to spend 10k on in the long run right now. other people, seem to enjoy spending money on their jeeps like its their kids and not spending it on their family/kids.

just my :2cents: .

Just my :2cents:

I spend more on family/wife/stepson/and friends than I do on my Jeep
BUT
like I've been saying if you want a kit that has almost everything you need/ don't want to go looking everywhere/ want a bolt on in your driveway 10,000 is resonable
Funny some will spend 3-4000 on a lift kit/ 3000 plus on a steel diff/gears / then tires/wheels etc but 10,000 is too much for this
save 100-200 a month and do it or ???
Now I bet if it was anyone else :ROTFL: :?
See this is what I don't understand

Man I do love a good old fashion discussion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:00 pm 
LOST Member

Actually, $10K isn't that much for what you get.
The engineering on the kit alone is worth more.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

Anyone lookIng to buy a bridge? I got some to sell you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:42 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

denvergrows wrote:

Is it a bridge you guard on a regular basis? Being a troll and all I would assume you have an inventory of bridges you must collect tolls on. Business slow or looking to liquidate?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:45 pm 
LOST Junkie

BugginKJ wrote:
denvergrows wrote:

Is it a bridge you guard on a regular basis? Being a troll and all I would assume you have an inventory of bridges you must collect tolls on. Business slow or looking to liquidate?

:goink: :ROTFL:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next