It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Front Licence Plate Reciever Mount
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:00 am 
LOST Newbie

Here is some pics of a licence plate bracket I fabricated to remount the licence plate back on after adding a hidden front hitch. I was thinking of having the local Jeep dealers send people to me to install front hitches & sell my plate adapter.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2254161

2005 CRD Black
Plow & 9500# Winch
Front Hitch
Custom Fabed 2" Receiver Licence Plate Bracket
3" billit lift
245/75-16" Bridgestone Rivo's.
Predator Performance Module.
Wifes
2004 Jeep Liberty Columbia Addition.
Front Hitch
3" lift. Built by Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:45 am 
Lifetime Member! LIBERTY OR DEATH
Lifetime Member!  LIBERTY OR DEATH

I'm glad you made a post about that custom bracket. I was going to comment on it in the middle of another topic, but I decided not to hijack. I don't currently have a front receiver, but I've been tossing a coin over and over again to decide on tow-hooks or front receiver. Having that cool front plate bracket thing would certainly weigh the receiver side of the coin.

How much would you charge for the front plate bracket? Would it include the front plate hardware, or would you need that shipped from the buyer first? If so, what would the turnaround time be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:37 pm 
Master of the Blender

There was another thread on here a few weeks back about the manufacturers discontinuing the front receivers for the Liberty, so if you are thinking along those lines you might want to call some retailers and verify that they are still in stock.

L.O.S.T. #KB051963

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

dog_party wrote:
I'm glad you made a post about that custom bracket. I was going to comment on it in the middle of another topic, but I decided not to hijack. I don't currently have a front receiver, but I've been tossing a coin over and over again to decide on tow-hooks or front receiver. Having that cool front plate bracket thing would certainly weigh the receiver side of the coin.

How much would you charge for the front plate bracket? Would it include the front plate hardware, or would you need that shipped from the buyer first? If so, what would the turnaround time be?

Here is the web site I got my hitch from. They also sell a licence plate mount for $29 bucks but it is just a plate without the factory plastic backing and looks like the plate will sit lower. If you wish you could send me your plastic and if you baught the hitch from that site which should be the same as mine, I would make a clone from my Jeep for $35.00 plus shipping. I'm not out to make a buck (but won't turn it down either) and if you want I'll email you some more detailed pictures and you could fab your own.

http://www.ontheball.com/front_end_hitches_jeep.htm

2005 CRD Black
Plow & 9500# Winch
Front Hitch
Custom Fabed 2" Receiver Licence Plate Bracket
3" billit lift
245/75-16" Bridgestone Rivo's.
Predator Performance Module.
Wifes
2004 Jeep Liberty Columbia Addition.
Front Hitch
3" lift. Built by Me

Post subject: My Fold Up Plate
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have a reese hidden front receiver on my KJ. I just cut a hole in the front licence plate mount and put on a folding license plate holder over it.

Here is the hitch without the holder

I don't have a close up shot of the holder, but you can see it in this shot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:09 am 

That's pretty slick Mozul! Thanks for sharing. It looks like you have tow hooks sticking out too. Are those attached to the Reese hitch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:48 am 
dog_party wrote:
That's pretty slick Mozul! Thanks for sharing. It looks like you have tow hooks sticking out too. Are those attached to the Reese hitch?

Those tow hooks(loops) are actually part of the Reese Hitch he installed. That is the reason I went for that, and only that, brand hitch. The tow loops are made of just over 6/10" diameter steel. I hung my shackle hooks off of them. Check it out...

Post subject: Something even cheaper to use...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:27 am 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

I bought one of these:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2004297/showCustom-0/p-2004297/N-111+10201+600002310/c-10101

bolted on my license plate and it's worked well for a long time. When wheelin' I just toss it in the back. With the reciever mounted winch it just slides onto the front of the winch mount.

$10 and done.

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:35 am 

That's just too sweet! I must have that hitch!!! Thanks for posting that front-end shot AllJeep (I feel like I'm about to be run over). I was wondering how it would look on my 05 front end. Now I just have to find one. Reese doesn't list ANY hitches for the Liberty. Anyone know anyone who has these Reese hitches?

And just to keep it on-topic...I'm going to fab the license plate bracket. Haven't decided on Pipefactory's idea, or Mozul's. Just have to figure that out after I install the receiver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:52 am 
dog_party wrote:
That's just too sweet! I must have that hitch!!! Thanks for posting that front-end shot AllJeep (I feel like I'm about to be run over). I was wondering how it would look on my 05 front end. Now I just have to find one. Reese doesn't list ANY hitches for the Liberty. Anyone know anyone who has these Reese hitches?

And just to keep it on-topic...I'm going to fab the license plate bracket. Haven't decided on Pipefactory's idea, or Mozul's. Just have to figure that out after I install the receiver.

Check out this thread:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... ront+hitch

I have a post with a link in there that still works. Another guy in the thread used it as well. It's for DrawTite, but the company is now taken over by Reese so they cross reference to another part number. It's for the '02 model year. Anything '02-'04 will also fit our '05.

$104 !!!

And yeah, the picture is cool - the only way to make the Liberty look that big is to put the digital camera on the ground and tilt it up a little !! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:49 pm 

Reese hitch ordered. Thanks for the links and the picts and the ideas. Can't beat $104 for THAT! That's only a couple bucks more than a set of Mopar tow hooks!!

Now I just need to fabricate something to stay on topic. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:33 pm 
LOST Junkie

alljeep wrote:
dog_party wrote:

Those tow hooks(loops) are actually part of the Reese Hitch he installed. That is the reason I went for that, and only that, brand hitch. The tow loops are made of just over 6/10" diameter steel. I hung my shackle hooks off of them. Check it out...

Thats awsome can you still purchase them?

L.O.S.T. #31000

'03 KJ Freedom Edition - 4" JBA Coilover Lift w/ 32" Cooper STT PROs
'98 XJ Sport - 6" Full-Traction 4-Link Long Arm - Jeepspeed #2731 (Race Jeep)

DobermanRacing.com - Team Driver
Sponsored by UltRanger & CellTech

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:55 pm 

Sorry, I should have come full circle on this thread. I ordered from hitchfinder.com (aka draw-titehitches.com) just waiting for the online interface to tell me that they didn't have any. But they didn't, so I ordered. The next day I got an email that said "there is a problem with your order, we do not have these in stock and the manufacturer does not make them any more, please call us." So I called them and the CSR told me, pretty much the same thing the email had said. Don't have them, can't get them. We sat there in silence for a while, then I said, "Well, what CAN you do?" So she put me on hold for about 10 minutes or so, then finally comes back on, thanks me for my patience, then tells me they found one in the CA warehouse. It'll take a bit longer to get to me, but it'll get to me.

They changed their website within an hour. It now states that there are no front receivers available for the KJ.

I figure they've found one that doesn't have the tow loops and they're sending that to me. But a box appeared on my porch last night and I ripped it open like it was Christmas day BAM tow loops and on my big ol' Reese hitch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

alljeep wrote:
dog_party wrote:

Check out this thread:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... ront+hitch

I have a post with a link in there that still works. Another guy in the thread used it as well. It's for DrawTite, but the company is now taken over by Reese so they cross reference to another part number. It's for the '02 model year. Anything '02-'04 will also fit our '05.

$104 !!!

And yeah, the picture is cool - the only way to make the Liberty look that big is to put the digital camera on the ground and tilt it up a little !! :D

I wonder if that same one will fit my 06 ?

other mods coming soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:28 pm 
LOST Addict

0311_DoC wrote:

I wonder if that same one will fit my 06 ?

It should - 05s and 06s are the same in that area, AFAIK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:54 pm 
LOST Member

Glad I bought my Reese when I did, nice piece of harware. I still have to install it when it warms up. I like the front plate ideas, I need to address that too. Pipefactory, I see WI plates in those pics, what part of the state are you from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:44 am 
LOST Newbie

waddy whiteguts wrote:
Glad I bought my Reese when I did, nice piece of harware. I still have to install it when it warms up. I like the front plate ideas, I need to address that too. Pipefactory, I see WI plates in those pics, what part of the state are you from?

I'm in Superior. The only CRD in the area I believe.