It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Southern California drawer builder?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I am looking for someone in the southern California area to build (or help me build) a drawer/platform system in the back of my Jeep. Just need a basic one or two drawer set up with an open compartment in the front, nothing fancy. I've made a few drawings of the back of the Liberty and what I'm after. Very similar to simple set ups seen in this thread:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/t ... age-system

I have some building skills but I'd like this to be done right the first time... Located in Burbank but will drive to you.

Reply here or message me or email me at tonytedford@mac.com.

'13 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Trasharoo, Husky liners, Skid Row plates, Ursa Minor J30, Expedition One rear bumper & tire carrier, Rugged Ridge CB antenna mount, SuperStar 4900+ transceiver, iPad Mini with MotionX GPS.

Post subject: Re: Southern California drawer builder?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:25 pm 
LOST Member

Would be interested in seeing this, once it gets done.

My friends make fun of me, for wanting to be organized and everything put in the right place and organized. They think the KJ has "enough room", but in reality, I find it lacking. Unless I fold down the rear seats.

I refuse to give up my bag of tools and misc items that can come in handy :BANANA:

Post subject: Re: Southern California drawer builder?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:30 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I would think either a sheet metal fabricator or a wood working shop could help you. Sheet metal would be much lighter. Check with a local 4 by shop for some names. Go to them prepared with detailed drawing with exactly what you want. No one likes surprises.

OME, Rancho, RRO A arms, RRO roof rails w/ diy cross bars, Dual XHD7714 with Pyle speakers, drop in K&N air filter with home made CAI, 8k smittybilt winch , Sears Platinum P1, in cab winch control, 100w Optilux lights, 7" e-code Hella headlights,245/75-16C Duratracs. DIY rockrails, DIY rear double deck cargo rack.