It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: paint issues
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

I dont know if this is the right place for this but im going to be painting my side fenders door trim later this week and was leaning towards a flat but likeing the bed liner spray from some of the jeeps ive seen on here. Question is what is the best paint for the money and type and where to find it and steps to prep. Also wouldnt mind taking it a step further and changing the design of the fenders or neat ideas. Rimes im painting flat black when ever and sidea steps areto no lonerat there.to my of a idea. I dont mind diy and doing a lot of but dont have a clue on welding. Links, suggestions, videos, or what if s are welcomed and greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Post subject: Re: paint issues
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:28 am 
LOST Newbie

Bed lining is always a great way to go plus it's easy touch up. Line x is the best but pricey hurculiner is a good roll on there are some good spray can one ppl use don't know name lol but any will do fine

Prep I would wash and wet sand with a intill the paint is dull a high grain is nice so not to scrape the plastic to much yet bed lining will fill some in clean fenders and paint

Modding not my strong point but someone on here made some flat metal fenders

Nick