It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Tow hook Mod
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:58 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'd just like to add something that I think would help anyone doing this mod. Keep in mind that the M bolt is the tow hook's weak link. Instead of the M bolt, which is the part that has pulled through many uniframes including mine, the stud plate like what comes with factory installed tow hooks (2 - 52059352AB Stud Plates) or a thick plate with threaded holes to line up with the tow hook brackets with the approximate width of the uniframe tube and maybe an inch longer at each end. That should provide enough surface area to prevent failure. :2cents:

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

Post subject: Re: Tow hook Mod
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ted15 wrote:
I'd just like to add something that I think would help anyone doing this mod. Keep in mind that the M bolt is the tow hook's weak link. Instead of the M bolt, which is the part that has pulled through many uniframes including mine, the stud plate like what comes with factory installed tow hooks (2 - 52059352AB Stud Plates) or a thick plate with threaded holes to line up with the tow hook brackets with the approximate width of the uniframe tube and maybe an inch longer at each end. That should provide enough surface area to prevent failure. :2cents:

I agree.

OME, Rancho, RRO A arms, RRO roof rails w/ diy cross bars, Dual XHD7714 with Pyle speakers, drop in K&N air filter with home made CAI, 8k smittybilt winch , Sears Platinum P1, in cab winch control, 100w Optilux lights, 7" e-code Hella headlights,245/75-16C Duratracs. DIY rockrails, DIY rear double deck cargo rack.