It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Custom MOLLE Seat Back Build
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:48 am 
LOST Newbie

I recently cleaned the interior of the jeep and I'm in the same boat as everyone else with cloth seats. They're gross and shameful. Looking at seat covers I've fallen in love with the Iggee ones but don't have the cash. I also like the Smittybilt idea but I think the product is really lacking. Anyway, I'm planning on sewing just the seat backs to start with...I'll most likely set up a strap system that relies on the seat back and then maybe later buy the Iggees and modify them into one unit. Sewing MOLLE seems like the easiest thing I've wanted to construct so far, I want to be able to have easy access to my gear without it taking up valuable cargo space and I figure that area behind me or on the passenger seat is just dead space. I'm short enough that there is a decent amount of space even when the back seats are down.

I have a 4X2 and I've sort of turned into this extreme United States traveler. I obviously don't need axes or high lifts but I have recently been on long stretches of highway with nothing in sight (like US-50 Heyooo) so this is what I'm planning.

Post subject: Re: Custom MOLLE Seat Back Build
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cool idea. Maybe make them easily removable as in buy some HD seat covers and sew M.O.L.L.E. hardware to that. unbuckle a couple of buckles to make room for passengers. I hung some good size nylon fanny pack bags on the headrest with stuff like binoculars, emergency supplies, napkins, toilet paper, If I have rear seat passengers I move all of them to the rear headrests, hanging to the back to keep them out of the way.

OME, Rancho, RRO A arms, RRO roof rails w/ diy cross bars, Dual XHD7714 with Pyle speakers, drop in K&N air filter with home made CAI, 8k smittybilt winch , Sears Platinum P1, in cab winch control, 100w Optilux lights, 7" e-code Hella headlights,245/75-16C Duratracs. DIY rockrails, DIY rear double deck cargo rack.

Post subject: Re: Custom MOLLE Seat Back Build
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

smittybilt makes covers already with molle attachments. need to do a little to get the to fit but they look great afterwards

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers