It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Flat Fenders and Roofracks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just an update and an inquiry type post for the followers of my fender and roofrack threads. Over the past couple of years I have had some things going on in my life (unemployment, wife's illness, moving etc. ) and have not had time to work on these. The fronts are done and the rears are about halfway done. I have had several people express interest in purchasing a set of front fenders from me. I had, at times, indicated that I would be making some, but that never really materialized. I am now asking who (if anyone) would actually purchase a set of these. I am in talks with an off road fabrication company that will actually be making them FOR me. He has given me a price that he can make them for and naturally I will be retaining the design rights to them. For me to be able to offer these the retail price would be $700 for a set of STEEL FRONT FLAT FENDERS. These fenders will be heavy duty. They extend an extra 1-1/2" out further than the stock PLASTIC flares and will be a bolt on type fender. I have indicated to him I want at least 3 sets made BEFORE I will take any actual orders and he agrees that is the way he tries to do business himself.
I need to know ACTUAL interest in BUYING these so I can tell him what to expect for production. Is there any ACTUAL interest out there? I know a whole bunch of people have EXPRESSED interest, but anyone who has been on this forum for a while knows how that goes! :roll: So there you have it! For those who have been waiting .......Wildman Fabrications Products is about to become a reality.
I will also be offering up 2 versions of the roofrack I built. 1 just like is on mine, the other will be a full length safari style that bolts to the stock location.

Prices have yet to be determined on the racks. As things progress this fabricator MAY be offering his own version of sliders and bumpers. He is also working at this time on a bolt on SFA long arm kit for the earlier KJs! No time line or price on this yet either. I will keep everyone informed.

Now you may talk amongst yourselves

Post subject: Re: Flat Fenders and Roofracks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:28 pm 
LOST Junkie

Do you have any pics of the rear fenders yet? I do really like how the fronts look.

Define bolt on. Are you saying just need to remove stock fenders and bolt on new fenders or remove stock fenders, cut/bend/ drill sheet metal on jeep, then bolt on new fenders.

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:52 pm 
LOST Member

Roof rack prices??

2005 Blue KJ Sport CRD, GDE, Magnaflow muffler, Destination AT, Amsoil filters, Fumoto, Timing belt and waterpump @ 99,600, 11 blade nylon fan, 2905 hayden fan clutch, EURO TC

Arguing about whether the glass is half full or half empty misses the point: the bartender cheated you.
Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:58 pm 
LOST Junkie

You know I'm in. Any idea of when they might get started? And does the year of the kj matter, or are there no changes in the body lines?

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.
MY BUILD: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59628

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:27 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

WolverineFW wrote:
Do you have any pics of the rear fenders yet? I do really like how the fronts look.

Define bolt on. Are you saying just need to remove stock fenders and bolt on new fenders or remove stock fenders, cut/bend/ drill sheet metal on jeep, then bolt on new fenders.

Only the fronts will be available for now the rears are still being worked on. The price is for just the front. Only a couple pics of the rears so far, they're still in prototype stage. Check the fab thread (click link in my sig) for the fenders for a complete history and more pics. They are a simple bolt on flare. pop your existing factory flares off and install my flares with bolts and locknuts in the factory holes.
woodtick wrote:
Roof rack prices??

As I said in the first post, prices are still to be worked out on the roof racks.
CoopaTroopa wrote:
You know I'm in. Any idea of when they might get started? And does the year of the kj matter, or are there no changes in the body lines?

Thanks Cooper, I have your name down on the list that I was compiling from before. As for a timeline ... he is having his lawyer draw up a contract with a noncompete clause and we both have to sign that. Then I will get him my flares to work from and he will begin building them. It depends on how long his lawyer takes for the contract first. He has a CNC bender so once he bends the first set he just brings up the program for the next set, and he has a CNC Torchmate plasma cutter table so the pieces and parts should be cut fairly quickly. He also TIGs all his parts so that should make the finishing part easier than when I MIG welded mine and then had to grind all the welds and sand them down. We are going to double check fitment on '05 - '07 models but I think the fender flares should fit. Mine is an '02 so I know they will fit the first gen KJs.

On my original list I had Fulltimer, USAFCOP, blackwidowkj06, marban3 and coopatroopa. Not sure if Terry still wants a set, Ted is in Japan, Sarah will have to save up some money I think, not sure about marban3 and then Coop. I also have a guy in Honduras that for sure wants a set.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:09 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Doubt if Terry wants a set. He sold his a long time ago and is driving a Ford Pickup :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:13 am 
LOST Junkie

Probably around winter will be the soonest I could get a pair.

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.
MY BUILD: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59628

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:21 pm 
LOST Addict

I am all in once you make sure that will fit the 05 and what interference it will have with the front turn signal.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:29 pm 

Modifications will be needed for the 05-07s
turn signal goes up to the bottom of the headlight on them
inch or two differenence between 02-04s and 05-07s

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:41 pm 
LOST Addict

Basically just elminate my turn signals and use my corner markers as my signals would be the easiest route.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The rack looks nice, but the flat fenders just look dumb, sorry.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

805gregg wrote:
The rack looks nice, but the flat fenders just look dumb, sorry.

:shock:
The only thing dumb, is your comment.
Larry had worked very hard on those as is very proud of them.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:47 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Best flat fenders I've seen yet, no one has come up with anything better, just wish I could make some like these myself.

L.O.S.T. #DW090501

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:57 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

501 wrote:
Best flat fenders I've seen yet, no one has come up with anything better, just wish I could make some like these myself.

Grab some steel and come on over to Mudds Fabrication and we'll make ya some :pepper: Of course with Wildmans blessing :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:21 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Bump for updates?

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:30 am 
LOST Addict

i would love to be the measuring tape for the 05 model for those flat fenders. I think they are dead sexy...alone with that roof rack. I would love to own both!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Buy me a welder for my new garage and I will make ya a set for free but you'll owe Larry a Corona fee :jester:
ohhhhhhhhhh Larry going to kick my ars :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:21 pm 
LOST Addict

hmmm...i think a welder would be a bit much...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ok then, I'll give you a complete set of flat fenders for $2,000 :SOMBRERO:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:54 pm 
LOST Addict

now come on...i bet wildman would do it for less if he ever had time to finish his own 1000 projects :P