It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: gottorque's TTB KJ
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 1:39 pm 
LOST Member

I got the Jeep back in2011 and up until 2019 I daily drove it and gradually threw all of your standard bolt ons at it to make it more capable. Armor, Wheels, tires, lift, and gears. I never did do lockers but it was more than capable for what I was willing to off road with an IFS daily driver. It's been all over the West Coast and the South West. Factor in all the off road miles in NM, CA, UT and NV. I had always planned to go the next step and do SAS, but when you end up renting a shop with desert prerunner/race truck guys....that changed a bit.

Without rambling on too much, we gutted it last year and it sat as we were working on other projects. Started working on it again this year and finished removing the doors, entire interior, cutting the front off and ultimately cutting the floor out.

We got front axle from a 90s Bronco and got to work taking them apart, media blasting and fully trussing/plating them. Beam pivots are FK 1.5" Uniballs.

My buddy picked up a back halfed project truck, which had a 5.3 LS. I bought it from him for the Jeep. Mild cam, springs, valve covers are about the extent of the mods. Will probably run a aftermarket harness and factory ECU.

Don't have photos but I scored a bare Ford 9" with the 3rd for the back axle. Promptly cut off all the mounts and sent it to media blasting.

Not really sure how much traffic still floats around on LOST but figure I'd share. The goal here is to have a tube chassis, but stock appearing KJ on 35s. Something that can go play on Rubicon one weekend and smash 100 miles in the desert the next.

Am I nuts for wanting to build a Liberty at all...yeah probably!

IRO 3 Linked
245/75 Duratracs

Post subject: Re: gottorque's TTB KJ
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 5:08 pm 
LOST Member

Wow!

Post subject: Re: gottorque's TTB KJ
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nice!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk