It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Liberty CNC Weld together bumper kit
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

Designed a CNC plasma cut bumper for 05-07. If anyone is interested I can cut these out at $430 with shipping as additional. The photo with the bumper tack welded illustrates roughly what comes for parts, as the parts are all welded together by the purchaser.

They mount with 8 9/16" grade 8 bolts (not provided by me). 4 in a factory location, 4 in a new location. You will have to drill 4 holes to mount. Relocating washer fluid reservoir is optional. They will not fit large body 12k winches, harbor freight apex 12k synthetic will not fit. I am testing out the rough country 12k synthetic shortly. There will be a few modifications made from these photos to aid in installation, nothing that will be noticeable in appearance, but save an hour or two with install.

I have a 3D Scanner and CNC plasma cutter. if there are any specific parts people have been wanting I can likely design them. Im not on here all the time, so please be patient if responses take a day or longer.

I am located near Portland Oregon if anyone would like to pick one up as well. Also able to modify the design for earlier models if someone in the portland area wants to come by and let me take some measurements.

1996 YJ in midst of Mercedes Diesel Conversion
A hurting wallet

Last edited by chasemyjeep on Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Liberty CNC Weld together bumper kit
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:43 pm 

FYI, Your picture links are NOT working!

See this on how to post pictures on your posts:
How to Post & Share Pictures on LOSTJeeps Forum

You can post & share pictures and images on LOSTJeep.com, you first have to join and use a picture sharing/hosting service like PostImage or one of the many *others listed below.

ImagePostimages — free image hosting / image upload
Provides free image upload and hosting integration for forums. Free picture hosting and photo sharing for websites and blogs.

One very important thing to remember when using image tags: the image you display must already be available on the internet (it cannot exist only on your computer or mobile device for example, unless you have it shared on a webserver!).

After joining PostImage or one of the *other picture hosting services and uploading your pictures to the site that you want to share:

Instructions to post a picture:

Click on the "IMG" button on the top of your post.

You will get this: [img]-[/img]
Then paste the URL link for your picture in between the BBC code tags:
Code:
[img]picture address goes here[/img]

Should look something like this: [url>=https://web address "link" of shared picture<[/img][/url]

*Some of the most popular image hosting *sites/services where you can upload and store images so you can share the images/photos on a forum:
*There are more available, but these are some of the more well-known ones.

:SOMBRERO:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:59 pm 

Looks good. :D
Posting the weight for shipping costs might be helpful? :wink:
or
Could you just offer to sell dimensional drawings and parts list so a person could source or cut the metal themselves locally to save on shipping costs?
:POPCORN:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:01 pm 

chasemyjeep wrote:
Designed a CNC plasma cut bumper for 05-07. If anyone is interested I can cut these out at $430 with shipping as additional. The photo with the bumper tack welded illustrates roughly what comes for parts, as the parts are all welded together by the purchaser.

They mount with 8 9/16" grade 8 bolts (not provided by me). 4 in a factory location, 4 in a new location. You will have to drill 4 holes to mount. Relocating washer fluid reservoir is optional. They will not fit large body 12k winches, harbor freight apex 12k synthetic will not fit. I am testing out the rough country 12k synthetic shortly. There will be a few modifications made from these photos to aid in installation, nothing that will be noticeable in appearance, but save an hour or two with install.

I have a 3D Scanner and CNC plasma cutter. if there are any specific parts people have been wanting I can likely design them. Im not on here all the time, so please be patient if responses take a day or longer.

I am located near Portland Oregon if anyone would like to pick one up as well. Also able to modify the design for earlier models if someone in the portland area wants to come by and let me take some measurements.

or
Could you just offer to sell dimensional drawings and parts list so a person could source or cut the metal themselves locally to save on shipping costs?

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
chasemyjeep wrote:

or

I have thought about it, at the moment in time, I am wanting to sell as a kit. However, time may change that. the weight of the cut plate in 3/16 is about 67 lbs, plus 5 lbs for a crate gets it close to 75 lbs total weight. I could do two separate packages though if that makes a difference, not really sure.

Have any ideas for more CNC cut products? Im also working on a 3 pillar guage pod that mounts at the center of the dash near the ac vents, its 3d printed though. Last night I was messing with the dash and noticed the trim pieces below the guage cluster are removable, looked like a good place to replicate the trim and add in mounts for switches.

A hurting wallet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm dropping the price, I looked at comparable kits for other models and I think $350 is more realistic. You can find the bumper on Ebay if you search "liberty winch bumper" in case anyone is interested.

A hurting wallet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:07 am 
LOST Member

Have you thought about a rear bumper that has a tire swing out on one side a rotopax/jack swing out on the other?

05 CRD; Rebuilt top end w/ARP studs, EGR delete, SEGR, 3.7L HD cooling fan, Samco hoses, in tank pump, JBA coil overs & control arms, KK clevis fork, 1/2" cradle drop, 1/4" motor mount lift, WJ rear upper trilink w/WW mount, WJ lower control arms, 4:10 gear, front/rear air lockers, ARB bumper, Rock Lizard sliders/roof rack, Mod T-stat