It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Krazie Tom the sheet metal guy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:21 pm 

I'm determined to pick one these up and make it fit... eventually...

http://www.atozfabrication.com/store/pr ... 264&page=1

Jeep Tech Files

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

maybe on a renegade hood..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
Quote:
but it is pretty ignorant, and kind of niave to say that the vents MUST be directly above the heat source to be affective.
I did not say that,I said the closer to the high heat source the better.Remember that the hot air will travel from the front to the back from the air flow coming from the raditor and/or electric fan running,so closer to the middle and rear of the hood is the best place to place vents to be most effective,but to far to the rear will give the oppisite effect since the high pressure area that is created at the base of the windshield can send air into the engine bay,through the vents, rendering the vents useless(think cowl induction).The air will not move sideways,even if the vehicle is at a angle.

Quote:
but they are too expensive
Quaility isn't cheap,either is good customer service.I'll gladly pay more for a quaility product over a cheap looking/made product to try and save a few bucks.In the long run the better product,even if more expensive,will always be the better value.

Hey TJ, did you use the regular, or the high flow jobbers? Also, how tough were they to install?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

CRD Joe wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
Quote:
but it is pretty ignorant, and kind of niave to say that the vents MUST be directly above the heat source to be affective.
I did not say that,I said the closer to the high heat source the better.Remember that the hot air will travel from the front to the back from the air flow coming from the raditor and/or electric fan running,so closer to the middle and rear of the hood is the best place to place vents to be most effective,but to far to the rear will give the oppisite effect since the high pressure area that is created at the base of the windshield can send air into the engine bay,through the vents, rendering the vents useless(think cowl induction).The air will not move sideways,even if the vehicle is at a angle.

Quote:
but they are too expensive
Quaility isn't cheap,either is good customer service.I'll gladly pay more for a quaility product over a cheap looking/made product to try and save a few bucks.In the long run the better product,even if more expensive,will always be the better value.

Hey TJ, did you use the regular, or the high flow jobbers? Also, how tough were they to install?

Thanks.
I used the medium high flow versions.Not hard to install,just 90 some holes :shock: .I opted to use stainless steel button head bolts over the supplied rivets.Took about 3 hours to do,but I used a dremal so that took longer then I planned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KY Liberty wrote:
Here you go. Fully functional.

Where can you buy that hood from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:21 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

CRD Joe wrote:
KY Liberty wrote:
Here you go. Fully functional.

Where can you buy that hood from?

Maybe read through KY Liberty posted Saturday May 17, 2008 at 10:28 PM where it bought it :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:56 pm 
LOST Addict

Mine was the 2nd made by Terry at Profinish-Proglass. My understanding is that he has since sold the mold to Suncoast.

http://www.suncoastcreations.com/eshop/published/SC/html/scripts/index.php?product_slug=jeep-liberty-2002-2006-functional-ram-air-hood&productID=460&ukey=product&did=36

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:05 pm 
LOST Addict

too bad that won't fit my renny :cry:

4" Stump Lift.
JBA UCA's
245/75/16 GOODYEAR DURA TRACS

Thanks for throwing me under the bus Evil... Just remember this when you decide to turn yours back in to a... Real Jeep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I think I'll be putting mine on next week. It just depends on when the insurance company settles things up and the KJ goes into the body shop.

Terry

Post subject: I did it!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:27 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

All done with it. Somebody pass the hot dogs please! :lol:

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:18 pm 
LOST Junkie

here's mine!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:22 pm 
LOST Junkie

and here's a scoop. looks good terry!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
sandracer wrote:
Yet another style I stumbled across. Not as attractive as some of the others but you can close them if you need to.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518333

Looks like they are what is used on big rigs.

First vent is for on the sleeper of a large car, not the hood or at least I have never seen them there :wink:

Yeah. That vent is for sleepers and not what is behind those lame chrome vent covers on the 379 Pete. Mack truck makes a "kick vent" located in their cab (on each side front of the doors) but I don't see these as beneficial installing on a KJ hood.

Meanwhile, I certainly understand why some of you have vented your hoods. That amount of heat is insane. And since I am led to believe I have all service documentation on my KJ going back to the original owner, even though there has never been a major issue of any kind, I too now want to install hood louvers.

So I found a parts supplier online who actually has the Pontiac GP GTP vents listed. I was able to add them to their shopping cart, but thought I better check first to make sure they have them. So I CC&P the p/n and description info into a email (via their website) and received the following reply ; "We need your VIN". I replied stating I did not have one and my intentions. Still waiting, still looking.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:28 pm 

I finally found two sets for one price on eBay, but I searched for about 2 months. But sets ended up on Black lifted KJs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
I finally found two sets for one price on eBay, but I searched for about 2 months. But sets ended up on Black lifted KJs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I have a ebay mail alert set up should they ever come up for auction. That parts supplier I mentioned wants $44.00 each. They also listed the drip pans that originally went under the louvers but that would defeat the whole purpose in this case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:

wOOt! Someone just emailed me to say he has '95 GTP hood louvers and is willing to let me have them for $50.00 including drip pans which I will not use.

Post subject: Re: I did it!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:07 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

Fulltimer wrote:
All done with it. Somebody pass the hot dogs please! :lol:

Terry

where those ones from??

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:23 pm 
LOST Addict

This makes me want to really do this now!

But I don't want to mess it up and ruin my hood!
Or have the torrential florida rain ruining my electronics under my hood.
But from what everyone says hopefully that isn't a problem.

Where do you reccomend I some? Where would it be real cheap?

And if anyopne installs some in the near future please do a write-up!

I also can not be held liable for any jeep breakage or life problems caused due to my advice being taken.
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:44 pm 

Budke wrote:
This makes me want to really do this now!

But I don't want to mess it up and ruin my hood!
Or have the torrential florida rain ruining my electronics under my hood.
But from what everyone says hopefully that isn't a problem.

Where do you reccomend I some? Where would it be real cheap?

And if anyopne installs some in the near future please do a write-up!

will not ruin the electronics, have had mine done a couple of years now and no problems, you get the engine wet driving down the road.
Not hard to do no write up needed, I didn't need one :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next