It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: KK @ the beach
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:22 am 
LOST Member

Just thought I'd share some pics from yesterday's trip
to Robert Moses Long Island.
If you have some pics, you can share them here also :)

-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Post subject: Re: KK @ the beach
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Kk is coming a long very nicely and awesome pictures. Lots of wihite water there. Catch anything? Will be out there and at the thumb as soon as the big girls show up.

06 CRD
OME HD w/clevis top plate
JBA 4.5 UCAs
245/75/16r Goodyear Duratrax
Fumoto Valve, V6 ABM
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Cobra 75 WX ST
ECO GDE tune, 2.5 straight piped
ProVent, Samcoed
Non F37ed TCM
DieHard P1

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:39 pm 
LOST Member

My wife and I like to go there on weekdays, less crowded lol.
The few times we've gone, I've only seen a couple jeeps, one
was a green Cherokee, we just waved at each other (the jeep wave :JEEPIN: )
I haven't been lucky with surf fishing, at least we got to relax and enjoy the view.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nice! I have yet to venture out onto the sand this season at Demo, Thumb or Gilgo. Don't know what I am waiting for...ahem....fish.....Catch ya out there and chat with ya.
-jeff :JEEPIN:

Full Mopar Skids
Yakima roof rack system
ARB bumper
Hella 500's
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Frankenlift Premium II
GY Duratracs 245/70/16 AT's on Cragar Soft 8s
JBA 4.5 A-arms
Cobra Classic CB

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:45 pm 
LOST Member

LI_KJ wrote:
Nice! I have yet to venture out onto the sand this season at Demo, Thumb or Gilgo. Don't know what I am waiting for...ahem....fish.....Catch ya out there and chat with ya.
-jeff :JEEPIN:

I've hit demo and Gilgo a few times so far this season.
Need to checkout the thumb next :)

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:28 pm 
LOST Member

Wife and I took the KK to Sore thumb today...
Lots of Anglers and quite busy compared to Demo and Gilgo :D
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:30 pm 
LOST Addict

I was thinking about going today, but as you know being a college student means I slept in lol

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:57 pm 
LOST Member

Bmxer524 wrote:
I was thinking about going today, but as you know being a college student means I slept in lol

lol :D

btw, today was the day I needed my other fishing pole
and also forgot to bring the beach chairs :banghead:
At least we got to relax for a bit.

I noticed a lot of ppl are not airing down @ the thumb, I did.
Better safe than sorry I guess....

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:21 pm 
LOST Addict

Yea I find not many air down there. I mean, I don't air down there sometimes either. It depends on where I plan on going and how nice I feel towards the Jeep. I think I can get away without airing down at Demo too, just have to steer clear of the ocean side.

I'm not going to lie, I hate airing up and down. I just don't like how long it takes lol.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:03 pm 
LOST Junkie

Last beach trip I took was to padre island national seashore down here in Texas. I aired down about 2-3 miles in the sand was baby powder fine.

Airing down made the jeep feel more like I was driving on rather than pushing through the sand

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:17 pm 
LOST Member

I used to hate airing up/down too...til I got the staun II tire deflators and
I also upgraded my air compressor to viair 400p.
Now the time I spend airing up /down is cut in half or at least shorter
compared to before. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:39 pm 
LOST Member

TIJKK1220 wrote:

Airing down made the jeep feel more like I was driving on rather than pushing through the sand

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I actually thought the same thing...

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:03 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Airing down definitely makes a difference. It is especially noticeable with the manual transmission.
Also, when at the thumb, and you're on an incline in that really soft sand, you'd be amazed at what 5-10psi difference makes.

I never minded the airing down part. Then, since I have cool buddy friends, I now have the Staun Deflators, and its even easier.

Also, airing up was the pain, but since I upgraded to the same awesome air compressor, each tire will go from ~17psi to 35psi in 2.25 minutes. It takes longer to wrap the compressor up afterwards, lol.

I will be out there Saturday 5/24/14 with not the Liberty though.

8)

4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:49 am 
LOST Addict

infernicus wrote:
Airing down definitely makes a difference. It is especially noticeable with the manual transmission.
Also, when at the thumb, and you're on an incline in that really soft sand, you'd be amazed at what 5-10psi difference makes.

I never minded the airing down part. Then, since I have cool buddy friends, I now have the Staun Deflators, and its even easier.

Also, airing up was the pain, but since I upgraded to the same awesome air compressor, each tire will go from ~17psi to 35psi in 2.25 minutes. It takes longer to wrap the compressor up afterwards, lol.

I will be out there Saturday 5/24/14 with not the Liberty though.

8)

Taking the Samurai out? What time were you thinking? Like I said before I'll probably be hungover from the night before, Saturday is my 21st :5SHOTS:

Do you guys like the 400p? Is it worth the money?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:37 am 
LOST Member

Bmxer524 wrote:
Taking the Samurai out? What time were you thinking? Like I said before I'll probably be hungover from the night before, Saturday is my 21st :5SHOTS:

Happy birthday! it sux getting old so stay young lol
:D
Anyway, I had an older kit the viair 100c...it was great but kinda slow.
I did a bit of research and chatted with a viair rep and he said when
looking for a comperessor it's all about the CFM it puts out and it's duty cycle. (in short, higher CFM is better)
I am very happy with my 400p, I opted for the automatic shutoff which is well worth the extra $30 bucks.
http://www.viaircorp.com/400P-auto.html

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:50 pm 
LOST Addict

knightenforcer wrote:
Bmxer524 wrote:

Happy birthday! it sux getting old so stay young lol
:D
Anyway, I had an older kit the viair 100c...it was great but kinda slow.
I did a bit of research and chatted with a viair rep and he said when
looking for a comperessor it's all about the CFM it puts out and it's duty cycle. (in short, higher CFM is better)
I am very happy with my 400p, I opted for the automatic shutoff which is well worth the extra $30 bucks.
http://www.viaircorp.com/400P-auto.html

Thanks! You guys are making me spend a lot of money, "just empty every pocket" I guess...

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

awesome pictures!

I always air down no matter what the conditions on the sand are.

Its better for your transmission because it makes the jeep flout over the sand and not power through it which can cause the transmission to over heat.

You don't really wanna be "that Guy" in the summer time holding up the traffic stuck on the sand in 90+ degree weather digging yourself out with your hands or a small shovel. Not me, no thank you. Through out the years of driving on the beach i've seen it all. From no lift, to mild lift, to wild lifts stuck on the beach and all because they didn't air down.

Right now the sand isn't really that bad but once the warm weather gets here and heavy sand traffic starts it can turn very sugary in certain spots.

pc

06 CRD
OME HD w/clevis top plate
JBA 4.5 UCAs
245/75/16r Goodyear Duratrax
Fumoto Valve, V6 ABM
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Cobra 75 WX ST
ECO GDE tune, 2.5 straight piped
ProVent, Samcoed
Non F37ed TCM
DieHard P1

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:13 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks!
You guys can post your beach pics here too :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:07 am 
LOST Junkie

Nice pictures. I especially like the Jeep Star logo. This thread combines two of my favorite things: Jeeps and Fishing. :D

927/948 OME Springs - Bilstein Shocks - JBA Upper Control Arms - Rage Black Widow Roof Basket - Viper 3606V Alarm System

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:53 am 
LOST Addict

profdlp wrote:
Nice pictures. I especially like the Jeep Star logo. This thread combines two of my favorite things: Jeeps and Fishing. :D

You'd fit in here on the island!!