It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: HID Projector Retrofit - '07 KJ
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Chipppy wrote:
So as far as upgrading from this. I only want to do a swap once. How much more is it for the true Hid projectors? and is it that much harder?

Well, there are better performing projectors out there. OEM projectors, ballasts and bulbs will always out perform aftermarket projectors.

The level of difficulty is determined by the size and shape of the projector, and the size and shape of the headlight you are retrofitting. Not to mention your personal skill level.

The MH1 projector I used was $120. The TL projector is ~$200. Honda S2000 projectors are ~$325.
Everyone has a different preference as to what they like better. Some projectors throw light much farther, some are wider.

My best advice is to read up on www.hidplanet.com -thats where I learned everything.
www.theretrofitsource.com - TRS, is the company behind that site and they sell everything you need and have fantastic customer service.

Now if you want some awesome lights, but don't want to do the work yourself, you can always pay someone to do it for you, but again, expect to pay a premium.

Good luck. 8)

4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ