It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lifted CRD this weekend
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:18 am 
LOST Addict

I got My lift on this weekend... still needs an Alignment and the front tires look they are turned inward on the ground a little bit. It drives and turns sort of twitchy but I am sure the alignment will fix all that.

Driving to work this morning I pulled up next to a guy in a Wrangler at at traffic light and he was just staring at my Liberty 8)

here is a Before pic

After

pics fixed :frankie:

Last edited by mikey1273 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Lifted CRD this weekend
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:57 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

mikey1273 wrote:
I got My lift on this weekend... still needs an Alignment and the front tires look they are turned inward on the ground a little bit. It drives and turns sort of twitchy but I am sure the alignment will fix all that.

Driving to work this morning I pulled up next to a guy in a Wrangler at at traffic light and he was just staring at my Liberty 8)

here is a Before pic

and some pics I took this morning

I take it you live in Australia ????
:ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Yes get it aligned as soon as possible
esp. wet/ and or snowy roads and it'll be unsafe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:33 pm 
LOST Addict

IDK how the #$%$# they got upside down! they looked fine when I got the links from dropbox (which I have not used before but my S3 uploads to it automatically) I am in Pennsylvania :ROTFL: :ROTFL: Not down under but good one Tom.. I will try to fix the pics..... I don't know what to say until then take up yoga and stand on ur head.

Got an alignment appointment tomorrow afternoon hopefully that is soon enough

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:11 pm 

:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:
I knew where you live
it was just funny seeing them upside down
Looking good by the way :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:02 pm 
LOST Addict

Thanks

It was kinda shocking and funny to go back and look and see them upside down. Nice way to make a joke of it :ROTFL: :ROTFL: And since you quoted it now my blunder is saved for others to have a giggle.

I just hope to not have issues with the alignment. I am taking to an older shop that has been well established for decades, but I only said new struts and shocks were installed. I left out the whole lifted and Al's Arms part when I set the appointment. As long as they don't get wigged out I guess it should go well. Just Worried because of the trouble finding a shop to install it all was and I ended up having it done at a mechanic friends house so that part worked out in the end. It saved me some cash over full shop rates and I'm paying him for helping me out so it was a win/win situation.

I am getting some attention with it. just a while ago while at work I went to the high school to pick up a computer part I needed for another location and the AG class kids were out working on some Ford truck. As soon as that seen me come by and park they were all looking at the Jeep.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:58 pm 
LOST Addict

I had the alignment done this afternoon. took it in the technician came in the waiting room and asked me what was done to it when he got the key from me. I told him new struts shocks springs and upper ball joints. He said ok that's fine took the keys drove it in and got to work on it. I seen him taking time to adjust it in many ways. then finished took it for a drive and was gone maybe 15 minutes. Told me it was good now and was way way off and the it had to be entertaining to drive on wet roads like that. I asked if he had any trouble setting it with the aftermarket items and it being lifted like it is. He said no it was no trouble at all and might be better than stock. He liked the replaceable ball joint too. At $55.00 it seemed like a very fair price too.

now it drives like it used to and the ride is nice!!! Just a little firm but seems to soak up bumps well and it doesn't feel like it bottoms out in the back over speed bumps like before. :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:36 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Mikey1273 looks great, and congrats on your lift.

Hope you enjoy it, and that the jeep handles, rides, as expected etc...

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD, JBA coilovers-4.5 Arms, 5xMoab's with 265-75-16 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ, Safari snorkel, Suncoast T/C, GDE Hot tune, Mandrel bent CAC Tubes, EHM to airbox, Mopar skid's, Fumoto Drain Valve, 3% Tint, ARB front bumper, Full set of Miller tools (9599) to loan within my immediate vicinity.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:06 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Looks good!

1977- Jeep CJ-5