It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I've been hiding in the shadows learning. Here she is so far
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

Bought my 2006 crd with 62k on it a I'll les than a year ago after wanting one since I first laid eyes on um. Wasn't able or willing to afford one untill as of late. So far I've done an EHM ( im an environmentalist) k&n filter, glass pack exhaust, rear lift springs, rear durrango aftermarket shocks, front daystars for now, self powder coated the stock alloy's, 245 75 16 treadwright guard dog mt's. If you can't tell I'm a budget build. Hoping to do the gde Eco and trans tune with taxes might as well throw the hot in for another 100.00, Detroit true trac purchased awaiting install, maybe? And now .....
Front spacers

Rear coils added from rustys, rear Durango schocks from orileys for 49.00 a piece Image

Powder coated wheels and treadwrights Image

Lifted with tires on. Ride is awesome compared to what I thought it would be with the spacers.

Post subject: Re: I've been hiding in the shadows learning. Here she is so
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:20 pm 
LOST Addict

That's a nice looking Jeep you have there, Highdesert. I picked up a used lift for mine and should have it installed in another month or so. At that point or shortly after, I will need larger tires. I like the looks and the price of Treadwrights, although I would go for Duratracs if money were no object. How do you like your Treadwright Guard Dogs so far?

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nice Jeep! thats a good idea for a little budget build there..

1977- Jeep CJ-5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

lfhoward wrote:
That's a nice looking Jeep you have there, Highdesert. I picked up a used lift for mine and should have it installed in another month or so. At that point or shortly after, I will need larger tires. I like the looks and the price of Treadwrights, although I would go for Duratracs if money were no object. How do you like your Treadwright Guard Dogs so far?

I went with the treadwrights cause for the price I just had to try them. Read reviews for weeks and only found a handfull of failures mostly it seems to do with towing and heavy loads, ie towing a trailer with a camper on. So far I've been nothing but impressed, customer service speed of processing and quality of product, let alone at most half the cost of comparable new ones. Gumpsta tire in bend mounted and ballenced them said that if i wouldn't have told him they were retreads he would have been hard pressed to tell. They ride exceptionally quiet with a slight whir instead of a humm at highway speeds. The extra weight was a consideration I accepted at 59 lbs a piece. So far between the weight and the size I assume has helped to lessen the jolt in the front space lift while taking bumps as compared with the stock tires. I will continue to post follow up info.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

Highdesert wrote:
Rear coils added from rustys, rear Durango schocks from orileys for 49.00 a piece Image

Maybe it's just me or that you were on uneven ground but it looks like you might have to add and extra iso or 2 in the rear cause the front looks a little higher still...or like I said it maybe me just seeing it weirdly lol. Other then that sweet ride I've been thinking about those guard dogs as well but I heard treadwrights tires are a lot heavier then most tires.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:21 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nice! Gotta love dark khaki!

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:58 pm 
LOST Junkie

Highdesert wrote:
Bought my 2006 crd with 62k on it a I'll les than a year ago after wanting one since I first laid eyes on um. Wasn't able or willing to afford one untill as of late. So far I've done an EHM ( im an environmentalist) k&n filter, glass pack exhaust, rear lift springs, rear durrango aftermarket shocks, front daystars for now, self powder coated the stock alloy's, 245 75 16 treadwright guard dog mt's. If you can't tell I'm a budget build. Hoping to do the gde Eco and trans tune with taxes might as well throw the hot in for another 100.00, Detroit true trac purchased awaiting install, maybe? And now .....
Front spacers

Powder coated wheels and treadwrights Image

Lifted with tires on. Ride is awesome compared to what I thought it would be with the spacers.

Those guarddogs look amazing with the painted rims! I'm going to be getting some of the guarddogs when I get new meats and I plan on plastidipping the rims when the weather warms up.

Chincy 2" lift for now
31x10.50r15s
HPD30 front and D44 rear

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:01 pm 
LOST Junkie

lfhoward wrote:

What lift was it that you got used?

Chincy 2" lift for now
31x10.50r15s
HPD30 front and D44 rear

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:07 pm 
LOST Addict

TheBlueKJ wrote:
lfhoward wrote:

What lift was it that you got used?

I bought a 4" JBA lift from a LOST member who sold his KK. I like the look of Highdesert's Guard Dogs, though. My KK will look sort of silly with a 4 inch lift with stock size tires, even if they are A/T's. But his lifted Libby with Guard Dogs looks sweet.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997