It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A few pics of my red '07...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd share a few pictures and add to this thread as I make small additions here and there. I bought the KJ because I have a baby on the way so the list of mods is small and basic but I enjoy sharing anyways. I just bought it last week but I'm loving it so far.

I took it out for some light off-roading the day after I bought it to see what it could do. I'm no newcomer to wheeling so I wanted to push it a bit without getting stuck or beating it up too bad. :SOMBRERO:

Here's a picture with the wheels photoshopped black...

I may either be painting the stock wheels to save money, or buying new ones. If I go new, I have been looking at these: http://www.jegs.com/i/Black-Rock/262/950671240/10002/-1?parentProductId=1561260 I currently have a brand new set of stock 225/75-16s on it that the dealer installed prior to purchase so I won't be replacing tires any time soon. While I'm either painting or replacing the wheels, I'm going to add a set of locks to them also.

This weekend I added a tow hook to the receiver out back to match the two Mopar hooks on the front.

Then I added a sticker that I thought was appropriate in more ways than one :D

I purchased a Rightline 15-cubic-foot waterproof roof top carrier for longer trips, and a cheap vinyl back seat cover for the pending little one from Wal-Mart (no pics yet, sorry). I also got my new plates, tags and my real insurance cards this weekend so she's official! :D

Besides doing something with the wheels, I may also trim the lower portion off my front bumper for a more leveled look and install a .5" clevis spacer to raise the nose up a bit. I haven't decided on that yet though. I also plan to get an aFe Pro Dry S drop-in filter and perhaps an aftermarket muffler... Something quieter like a Borla, Dynomax, or Gibson. I'm trying to not go overboard with spending money on the KJ since the whole point of me buying it was for a practical family vehicle. :roll:

'07 4X4 KJ - Clevis, Top Plate, Isos - Black Rock Lobos, Gorilla Lugs, Goodyear Wranglers - Front & Rear Tow Hooks - Curt Roof Basket, ARES Cross Bars - aFe Filter - Mopar Skids - CB, Phone Mount, Inverter, GoPro - Planned: Dynomax Muffler, Aftermarket Headunit, Airflow Snorkel, Lund Xtreme Floor Liners

Post subject: Re: A few pics of my red '07...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Looks good man! Very nice scenic trail!

1977- Jeep CJ-5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:04 am 
LOST Newbie

Thank you! :) Lots of great areas to explore within an hour of me in all directions.

'07 4X4 KJ - Clevis, Top Plate, Isos - Black Rock Lobos, Gorilla Lugs, Goodyear Wranglers - Front & Rear Tow Hooks - Curt Roof Basket, ARES Cross Bars - aFe Filter - Mopar Skids - CB, Phone Mount, Inverter, GoPro - Planned: Dynomax Muffler, Aftermarket Headunit, Airflow Snorkel, Lund Xtreme Floor Liners

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

Got my custom phone mount and the Gorilla lugs in today. The wheels and my K&N will be here sometime around the 15th!

Also added my new badge :CAMPING:

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

Met up with a couple members from AZVJC earlier this week to do a little wheeling. :JEEPIN:

We got the KJ in a little over its head in stock form... at one point we had to descend a 1/4 mile long rocky hill almost entirely riding on the skid plates. Good news is - they did their job and lived to tell about it. Bad news is - they now look like hell. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

Finally got all this stuff in the mail so it's going on tomorrow morning! :D

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

Got the lift and wheels on today! I think it looks WAY better. The 4" backspacing is absolutely perfect for the wheels. It pushes the tires out to the edges of the fender flares where they should be and even makes the stupid little P-metric 29" tires look better. The overall stance is infinitely better than the stock wheels.

My $95 "lift kit" gave me just over 2" in the front and just under 2" in the rear. My front hub to fender measurement is now 20-1/8". I'm sure the isos will flatten down a little and the coils may settle down some again, but I don't see losing any more than 1/4-1/2" after that happens so I have easily picked up 1.5" all around. It rides a little bit differently, but I wouldn't say its worse, just different. It is nice and level, no significant rake to the front or back. I am definitely a happy camper!

We took it to a dirt lot near our place to do some mall crawling and get some better pictures.