It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: KK @ the beach
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:48 pm 
LOST Member

So Knight, what are your thoughts on those tail light guards? Worth it?

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:06 am 
LOST Member

nFodzy wrote:
So Knight, what are your thoughts on those tail light guards? Worth it?

I like the way they look. They're secured by 3 mounting points, one in front and 2 screws in the rear, same screws that holds the tailight lens. The ones I got are the premium ones by maxmate. They seem well made and paint looks like powdercoat.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Wife and I woke up early and decided to hit the beach since it was so nice out side. Lots of trucks and SUVs running around and lots of them having a hard time moving in the sand, gee I wonder why.. lol

Someone must have had a really bad day. While I was airing up this guy showed up and started airing down. I asked him how much they charge for a beach tow and see said 4 and I really don't think its 40 dollars :shock:.

Also saw SUVs that were parked on D & S road with tickets on their wind shields.

06 CRD
OME HD w/clevis top plate
JBA 4.5 UCAs
245/75/16r Goodyear Duratrax
Fumoto Valve, V6 ABM
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Cobra 75 WX ST
ECO GDE tune, 2.5 straight piped
ProVent, Samcoed
Non F37ed TCM
DieHard P1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:37 pm 
LOST Member

VMKJCRD wrote:

Wife and I woke up early and decided to hit the beach since it was so nice out side. Lots of trucks and SUVs running around and lots of them having a hard time moving in the sand, gee I wonder why.. lol

Someone must have had a really bad day. While I was airing up this guy showed up and started airing down. I asked him how much they charge for a beach tow and see said 4 and I really don't think its 40 dollars :shock:.

Also saw SUVs that were parked on D & S road with tickets on their wind shields.

Nice!
I try to avoid going on a weekend as much as possible.(too crowded lol)
and WOW I didn't realize they charge that much for a 4x4 tow :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:41 pm 
LOST Junkie

If it actually is $400 you would be about halfway to a nice set of tires which might have helped you avoid getting stuck to begin with. :o

927/948 OME Springs - Bilstein Shocks - JBA Upper Control Arms - Rage Black Widow Roof Basket - Viper 3606V Alarm System

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:22 pm 
LOST Member

@ sore thumb today...big crowd, lots of people. :D :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I think I saw you on saturday on OBP headed west onto the Wantagh. Great weekend for the beach and some jeeping and fishing! :pepper: :pepper:

Full Mopar Skids
Yakima roof rack system
ARB bumper
Hella 500's
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Frankenlift Premium II
GY Duratracs 245/70/16 AT's on Cragar Soft 8s
JBA 4.5 A-arms
Cobra Classic CB

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:13 am 
LOST Junkie

I'm somewhat jealous of you guys who actually get to go out and do things in your Jeeps. I think I lose more gas to evaporation than I burn on any kind of meaningful trip. :(

927/948 OME Springs - Bilstein Shocks - JBA Upper Control Arms - Rage Black Widow Roof Basket - Viper 3606V Alarm System

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:31 am 
LOST Member

LI_KJ wrote:
I think I saw you on saturday on OBP headed west onto the Wantagh. Great weekend for the beach and some jeeping and fishing! :pepper: :pepper:

Where you the black lifted KJ on ocean parkway around 5:50-6pm? (heading towards the pencil)
I honked to get your attention, my wife said it was a female driver.
Anyway, saw lots of KKs and a few JKs too that day.
:D :JEEPIN:
Edit: Yeah saw lots off ppl trying to fish, me and my son included.
No one really caught anything...at least not on my side of the beach. lol
But we got to chill and relax, thats what counts.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:39 am 
LOST Member

profdlp wrote:
I'm somewhat jealous of you guys who actually get to go out and do things in your Jeeps. I think I lose more gas to evaporation than I burn on any kind of meaningful trip. :(

Don't feel too bad...it's still a Jeep...I'm sure
you have your share of snow and bad weather like we do.
Jeep just shines under those conditions :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:14 am 
LOST Junkie

knightenforcer wrote:
...you have your share of snow and bad weather like we do.
Jeep just shines under those conditions :D

That is true. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

I don't have any beaches here in NM but we have a good size lake where I can drive around in some sand. I tried driving without airing down to see how it did. I had to use my shovel a few times and finally got stuck enough where the shovel couldn't help. I aired down to 15psi, drove right out, and never had another problem. :JEEPIN:

Last edited by Adam on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:30 pm 
LOST Member

Nice pic Adam :)
Thanks for sharing.
Also, airing down is bit of a Pain sometimes, but it's worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

That's why I was trying to avoid it if I could but eventually caved. The lake here is nice because there is a gas station outside the entrance here where I can air up for $1.00 in less than five minutes. So I didn't lose too much time in doing it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:46 pm 
LOST Junkie

Adam wrote:
That's why I was trying to avoid it if I could but eventually caved. The lake here is nice because there is a gas station outside the entrance here where I can air up for $1.00 in less than five minutes. So I didn't lose too much time in doing it.

Lakes are also nice because if you get stuck you don't have to worry about the tide coming in. :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8trkgFX6wI

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:23 pm 
LOST Junkie

I wish I could take my KK on the beach but after seeing that video, I'm not sure I want to anymore! I've helped push a truck off the beach in Cape Cod but that Australian stuff is a whole different beast. I'm not sure what else could have gone wrong for those guys. And the scariest part? The guy running barefoot through Australian ground!

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:04 pm 
LOST Member

12KK SFD wrote:
I wish I could take my KK on the beach but after seeing that video, I'm not sure I want to anymore! I've helped push a truck off the beach in Cape Cod but that Australian stuff is a whole different beast. I'm not sure what else could have gone wrong for those guys. And the scariest part? The guy running barefoot through Australian ground!

I've seen that video before...don't let that discourage you.
They showed the worst case scenarios...(tide coming in, mud etc...)
Anyway, here in Long Island, Jeeps on the beach is almost like a staple. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:15 pm 
LOST Junkie

No, it didn't discourage me. I actually looked into taking mine on the beach on the Cape but the permit was hundreds of dollars which was tough to swallow for a weekend. Maybe someday!

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:43 pm 
LOST Member

@ Gilgo beach, taken yesterday.

-

-

Saw a few jeeps there also, and a black KK.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:00 pm 
LOST Addict

The nice thing about lakes, or any fresh water spots is that you don't have to worry too much about rust. We avoid salt water like a plague lol.