It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: My first jeep
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:55 pm 
LOST Member

in other news, in keeping with this "build" thread... ordered rear upper isolators and some hockey pucks today...ordered terraflex front bumps the other day... and john3:17's boiler steel gas tank skid will be here tomorrow!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:13 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

andrew.wenmoth wrote:
in other news, in keeping with this "build" thread... ordered rear upper isolators and some hockey pucks today...ordered terraflex front bumps the other day... and john3:17's boiler steel gas tank skid will be here tomorrow!

That skid has been through a few owners ! I think Thunderbirdjunkie might have been the original owner :ROTFL:

2007 Wrangler - traded

2010 Wrangler Rubicon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:34 am 
LOST Member

well, i'll consider it a "heritage" piece then! maybe pass it along to someone else in a few years. or when the kj's have a resurgence as an off road powerhouse it'll be worth a lot of money :-)r :ROTFL: :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:19 pm 
LOST Member

Day 1 of 2.... Got my boilers steel gas tank skid installed, the rear ome springs and rancho shocks installed, and most of the "frame" and other parts painted with por15. Front "shocks/struts/coilovers" whatever you want to call them are disassembled and ready to go to the shop tomorrow to get reassembled with the new shocks and springs. ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:42 pm 
LOST Member

Day 2! Done! Rides like a dream, took it through some trails round here and flexed it out a bit. Feels so nice! ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:39 pm 
LOST Member

As she sits now, moabs with 245/75s. Letting the spring settle a bit then adding an isolator and a clevis. Whatcha guys think? Also made a high lift mount for the roof basket/crossbars. ImageImage

Post subject: My first jeep
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:41 pm 
LOST Member

Oh! And had alot of fun doing the pinch weld. Besides some plastidip and a few holes drilled here or there, it was my first "its not your jeep till you drill a hole in it" type moment... Its not your jeep till you beat the snot of part of it with a sledgehammer. .:jeepin:.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:08 pm 
LOST Member

andrew.wenmoth wrote:
Oh! And had alot of fun doing the pinch weld. Besides some plastidip and a few holes drilled here or there, it was my first "its not your jeep till you drill a hole in it" type moment... Its not your jeep till you beat the snot of part of it with a sledgehammer. .:jeepin:.

Just poppin in.

Jeep looks great. What's her name?

31X10.5 Duratracs
Yukon / Motive Gear 4.10's

Aussie Locker. Safari Snorkel.
ARB Diff Guard
Soft 8 - X7 - 4" BS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:52 pm 
LOST Member

No name yet, not finished gettin her where i want her to be,(shhh dont tell the fiance) but she'll be done and named soon. Bout all i want to do is jba upper arms, a b&g flash and build me a front bumper and get one of toms rear bumpers, then im pretty much done. By the time shes done we will be rolling around the time the weddin bells are ringing and ill be locked down. Gotta play now before the rings and babies and such ya know