It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: changing setting
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:07 am 
LOST Addict

I just joined in a few days ago and finally found a new home that doesn't look at the KJ as the sensored word step child but the stylish Jeep on the road. I saw an article in the forum about changing setting with the Key fob remote and now can't find it again.
Proud owner of a 2002 Sport V-6 w/auto trans.
K/N Air Filter
Amsoil from bumper to bumper
Magnaflo muffler
Pia Head lighrt bulbs
Dunlop Rover AT's 235-70/16
More to come as I learn from the rest of you!!
Rush345 Lakewood, Colorado Looking forward to meeting neighbors in my area 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:44 pm 
LOST Junkie

Welcome to L.O.S.T. Rush345.You could post this same question in the "General" or "4x4" section and I'm sure someone will chime in with the info you need.Your question may not really be a "Frequent"one and this section really does'nt get enough traffic to help you.Hope this helps. :)

Ron

Lifted
Cooper Discover ATRs 265/75/16
American Racing 16x8 Polished Baja Wheels
Moog Lower Ball Joints
Member#051397 L.O.S.T. Midwest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:42 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Not sure what settings you're trying to change but, a lot of them are explained in the owner's manual.

"There are few problems in life the liberal application of duct tape can't solve."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:53 pm 
LOST Addict

Thanks I appreciate the help I was intrigued to setting the door locks to unlock only the drivers door with one hit and all doors with 2 clicks. :?:
Thanks again for pointing me in a direction. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

That's in the manual.

1: press and hold "unlock"
2: while holding "unlock" wait at least 4 seconds but no more than 10 seconds, then press the "Lock" button
3: release both buttons

repeat these steps to return it to the other setting.

"There are few problems in life the liberal application of duct tape can't solve."

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:40 am 
LOST Newbie

Dje Ryu wrote:
That's in the manual.

1: press and hold "unlock"
2: while holding "unlock" wait at least 4 seconds but no more than 10 seconds, then press the "Lock" button
3: release both buttons

repeat these steps to return it to the other setting.

Sorry to dredge up this old post, but this is the exact thing that I am trying to accomplish, unsuccessfully. :?

I have an '04 Liberty Sport, new to me, and would like to program the remote per the instructions in the owners manual. When I follow the above sequence, or any of the other "hold then press" sequences detailed in the manual, (turn off horn chirp on lock, open rear window on 1st press, etc.) none of the programs change. I think either I am, or the procedure is, missing something.

Questions:

When pressing and holding the first button for 4 to 10 seconds (varies depending on what you are trying to change) does the key have to be in the ignition? In any particular position?

When pressing the 2nd button (also varies) do you still need to be holding down the first one? Or should you release the 4-10 second button and then press the 2nd button?

Are you actually programming the remote itself or the module in the Jeep that communicates with the remote? In other words, will each of the remotes need to be programmed or are they global in nature?

Anything else? I don't get why this isn't working. I'm not a dummy and work on far more complex stuff than this every day. I feel like I must be overlooking something...

Post subject: Re: changing setting
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:29 am 
LOST Newbie

Nevermind... I figured it out through trial and error. Lots of error... ;)

The trick is you have to hold down the 1st button for 4-10 seconds then simultaneously press the second one.

Even when doing it this way it would not take with one of my 2 remotes (mine) but it worked fine when I used my other one (wifey's) and the settings are universal, so they apply to both remote transponders.

I wanted to kill the horn beep during locking (annoying and I can hear the locks click anyway), make the doors all unlock with a single button push and make the rear window only open if you hold down that button (not immediately) in case the button gets bumped inadvertently.

So I guess now the answer will be here when the next guy searches for it (like I did).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hola Buen día, solo para decir hola Abajo, Justo quieren También para compartir idéer i Nuevo aquí y aprender algo gjort

nuevo a todos ustedes,

,,,:) Estancia Segura en todos

:dizzy:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:58 pm 
LOST Addict

heres the linky

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25640

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.