It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wheel Spacers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:27 am 
LOST Newbie

Does anybody out there have any reviews (good or bad) regarding the Spider-Trax wheel spacers? Good Idea or Bad to purchase?
Thanks,
TO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

If you take a good look at SpiderTrax and the "others", as far as how they are made you will see why SpiderTrax are the best. But, you also pay for it. If you get them use lots of locking compound and torque to specks. You will have to buy extra locking compound.

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:17 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

I ran them for a while and they did great for me. Makes the KJ look better as well, go for the spidertrax though as some of the cheaper ones are well....cheap, you can find used iones every now and again on ROF and other sites

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:08 pm 
LOST Junkie

Got spider-trax spacers and love them!! Got them cheap on ebay!!

07' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 4x4
Yeah it's got a hemi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:50 pm 
LOST Junkie

was wondering about those as well. Are they purely for offroad and getting those tires to stop rubbing or are they fine for looks on highway driving...giving the KJ that wider stance? I have read that just using them on stock wheels is not the hottest idea since it moves the center of the tire outward, causing more stress on the ball joints and the like...is this true or are they good to go for general highway driving and the extra wheel base? I love the look of having a wider stance...jut don't want to risk having the ball joints or other suspension fail due to the tires center being out farther than it should. what say you gurus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:41 pm 
LOST Junkie

Pote wrote:
was wondering about those as well. Are they purely for offroad and getting those tires to stop rubbing or are they fine for looks on highway driving...giving the KJ that wider stance? I have read that just using them on stock wheels is not the hottest idea since it moves the center of the tire outward, causing more stress on the ball joints and the like...is this true or are they good to go for general highway driving and the extra wheel base? I love the look of having a wider stance...jut don't want to risk having the ball joints or other suspension fail due to the tires center being out farther than it should. what say you gurus?

They are for looks and to move the wheels out a bit for a wider stance. They will clear rubbing in one spot but will cause tire rubbing in another.

If anything they'll put extra stress on the wheel bearings. They say for offroad use only because in some states they're illegal. I think here in nj they are illegal but mine went through nj state inspection just fine with them on. I just got put over 1000 miles on my jeep 2weeks ago traveling from nj to up state pa, then back to nj, then to virginia and back to nj with no problems.

07' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 4x4
Yeah it's got a hemi!