It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bull Bar or Brush guards not for Renegade?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

It's probably been covered, and I have searched on this... but can someone tell me why all the aftermarket bull bars and brush guards for Libertys won't fit the Renegade model?

Or if anyone knows of some that will fit a 2003 Renegade... preferably that a winch can be mounted on, let me know.

Thanks

Cooper Discoverer ST
Magellan Crossover GPS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:45 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Are you talking like ARB bumpers or just those cheap push bars or what ever they are?

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

whatever... I can't find much of anything out there.

Cooper Discoverer ST
Magellan Crossover GPS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

ARBs work for any liberty:
Older Renegade:

Newer Renegade:

Frankenlift, Al's Arms
245/75R16 KM2s on Moabs with Monster Valves
ARB Bull Bar, WARN M8000 winch, IPF 900XS driving lights
Rock Lizard Rear Bumper, Super Skink Sliders, and roof rails
Defender Roof Rack
Powertank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:38 pm 

ARB is the best out there right now , there is another one TJM ? I think it is, look through the PICs section you will see some of both plus Rock Lizard is working on a front bumper as well. All can have winches on them if need be or you want one. Any of them will be in the 800/1000 range but IMHO worth it.

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm still curious why the the cheaper stuff will fit regular libs but not the renegade.

Is it because the Rennie comes with Tow Hooks already? Can't they just be removed?

Or is the bumper built that much different?

:?

That ARB is pretty darn cool.... not sure that I'm ready to drop that much coin right now though.

Cooper Discoverer ST
Magellan Crossover GPS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:26 am 
LOST Addict

OregonRenegade wrote:
I'm still curious why the the cheaper stuff will fit regular libs but not the renegade.

Is it because the Rennie comes with Tow Hooks already? Can't they just be removed?

Well... if you lose the tow hooks to mount the brush bars, you can't really go offroad as you don't have a front recovery point. So what good does the brush bar do you when you should not be in the brush without a front recovery point anyway?

I guess you could get a front hitch installed to recover from, but that adds up pretty quick and before long you could have just bought an ARB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:53 am 

so true Pablo, but some like the "cutness" of those chrome things, but yes you loose your tow hooks a nd then you are back to square one. It seems no on wants to save up for anything anymore they say well I only have enough to buy this today, well just wait another month or two save up and buy a good well built product

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

There isn't a bar that has a suitable recovery point on it besides a full bumper replacement? That seems hard to believe. If it's mounting to where the tow hooks would be... that seems like a good hard point.

Cooper Discoverer ST
Magellan Crossover GPS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:17 pm 

But most or all that mount there are very thin metal they look the part but do not act the part so to speak, to get a good bumper you have to go with an ARB or one of the other aftermarkets

Post subject: Brush Guard
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:24 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have a Jeep brush guard....

Grey,, I soon want to upgrade to the rocklizardfabrications link:www.rocklizardfabrications.com. It is wench ready.. Some people say you loose the towhooks w/ the bruch guard. But you don't. You just have take off the tow hooks put in the braket for the bruch guard then bout up the tow hhoks again(air wrench is handy for ths). It work great because you still have the tow hooks, and they act as the bolts that hold the brush guard on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:50 am 
LOST Newbie

OregonRenegade wrote:

Or is the bumper built that much different?

:?

That ARB is pretty darn cool.... not sure that I'm ready to drop that much coin right now though.

They won't fitt because your front bumper doesnt have wide opening at the bottom where it bolts to the frame, where it supports the radiator. I bought one to for my 02 and didnt fit. So I'll I'm gonna do is weld on the brackets next to where the tow points are and it will sit fine and look as if it was meant for that model